Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Cannon's 12th child is almost here...

I'm shocked when I read he's gotten another woman pregnant. I can't imagine! Just no! 

Respected Contributor

Guess I really am judging. I was never able to have children but I did work in Child Services 38 years and know that being a parent is a full-time job. The children need a presence of both parents in their lives. I am a product of a broken family and spent years trying to replace my father, all for the wrong reasons. It's good that he's able now to financially support them all but that's not the most important support, in my opinion. So, now I can be judged as someone who doesn't know since I'm not a parent but that's all right.

Honored Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

There are plenty of pics online of Cannon spending time with his children. None of his baby mamas, including Mariah, have made any public complaints that Nick isn't involved with his kids. Why some just assume he isn't a good father is just bizarre to me. Perhaps projection from those who survived poor parenting despite traditional marriage.

@Stelladorable I have actually seen those pics as well, and he does seem like a very good father. I never said he wasn't, I just merely stated how is he going to have time to go to their school events once they are all in school? 

I know there are plenty of parents who don't make it to their children's school events because of one thing or another, but for Nick it will be even harder, especialyl if any of those women decide to move to different cities...

I actually was reading an interview with Nick, and he seems like a very loving, caring father, I just don't get having all of these children with different mothers..But its not for me to understand!!!!

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

There are plenty of pics online of Cannon spending time with his children. None of his baby mamas, including Mariah, have made any public complaints that Nick isn't involved with his kids. Why some just assume he isn't a good father is just bizarre to me. Perhaps projection from those who survived poor parenting despite traditional marriage.

@Stelladorable I have actually seen those pics as well, and he does seem like a very good father. I never said he wasn't, I just merely stated how is he going to have time to go to their school events once they are all in school? 

I know there are plenty of parents who don't make it to their children's school events because of one thing or another, but for Nick it will be even harder, especialyl if any of those women decide to move to different cities...

I actually was reading an interview with Nick, and he seems like a very loving, caring father, I just don't get having all of these children with different mothers..But its not for me to understand!!!!

I don't understand it either. It's not the kind of life that I would want. But I can't understand city dwellers and why they like it, so I agree. Not for me to understand 😎  He s not asking me to pay for his choices. I too believe he is a good father and he has said he works his professional commitments around his personal ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

Both Nick and his female partner are creating a single parent household for their children and making them susceptible to other situations.

These women will no doubt be involved with other partners along the way. This opens these kids up to all kinds of issues. One being the high probability of child molestation.

The studies and numbers are out there for children living in a single parent household. When a nonbiological parent has access.  

Esteemed Contributor

How do some of you see pictures of Nick with his children and decide he looks like a good father? The pictures are staged. He is supposed to look good for the camera.

I don’t know what kind of Father Nick is, but what I do know is he is not going to be able to be there for all the children when they need him.

He is a selfish sperm doner. The only difference between him and a sperm bank is the kids will know who he is.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 

"How do some of you see pictures of Nick with his children and decide he looks like a good father? The pictures are staged. He is supposed to look good for the camera.

I don’t know what kind of Father Nick is, but what I do know is he is not going to be able to be there for all the children when they need him.

He is a selfish sperm doner. The only difference between him and a sperm bank is the kids will know who he is."

I guess some people equate being a good father with a man who pays his child support.  I agree that a man or woman cannot give sufficient attention to so many children.   The Duggars gave the oldest children the responsibility of looking after the younger children.  Their main duty was to reproduce.

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@manny2 

"How do some of you see pictures of Nick with his children and decide he looks like a good father? The pictures are staged. He is supposed to look good for the camera.

He is a selfish sperm doner. The only difference between him and a sperm bank is the kids will know who he is."

I guess some people equate being a good father with a man who pays his child support.  I agree that a man or woman cannot give sufficient attention to so many children.   The Duggars gave the oldest children the responsibility of looking after the younger children.  Their main duty was to reproduce.

He doesn’t get any credit from me for supporting his children. @lgfan  That is what he is supposed to do.

Since there are so many dead-beat fathers out there, I suppose we can give him credit for at least supporting them financially.  

Valued Contributor

I think  he is my father.

Esteemed Contributor

I think something is wrong with him.

It's the height of irresponsibility. 

It does not speak well of the woman except for MC who he was actually married to him.