Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed. 

@QVCkitty1

Same thing with Bob Saget .... he was on some family show, but his Las Vegas act was very raunchy.  People practically lost their minds over that!    Who says any comedian HAS to be G-rated?   Go figure.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed. 

Joan never claimed to represent anyone but herself, never claimed her dignity was bruised from reaction to anything she said for profit, and I can well imagine what she'd have to say to Mr. Cannon right now.  

To answer your question directly, although I respected her honesty about it, Joan's humor was not my cup of tea.  I don't find wincing and grimacing to be entertaining. 

This is about propriety, nothing else, so please do not attempt to manipulate this into either a black vs white or male vs female issue.  It just plain isn't.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Garbage in, garbage out.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Joan never claimed to represent anyone but herself, never claimed her dignity was bruised from reaction to anything she said for profit, and I can well imagine what she'd have to say to Mr. Cannon right now.  

To answer your question directly, although I respected her honesty about it, Joan's humor was not my cup of tea.  I don't find wincing and grimacing to be entertaining. 

This is about propriety, nothing else, so please do not attempt to manipulate this into either a black vs white or male vs female issue.  It just plain isn't.  

@IamMrsG, Please do not presume to analyze my post. I have always thought Joan got a pass here, while other performers were called vulgar and worse. We all have our favorite people, and sometimes make excuses for them, but be honest about it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

indoor kitty wrote: I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed

IamMrsG wrote:  Joan never claimed to represent anyone but herself, never claimed her dignity was bruised from reaction to anything she said for profit, and I can well imagine what she'd have to say to Mr. Cannon right now.  

indoorkitty wrote: @IamMrsG, Please do not presume to analyze my post. I have always thought Joan got a pass here, while other performers were called vulgar and worse. We all have our favorite people, and sometimes make excuses for them, but be honest about it. 

@QVCkitty1   I neither presumed nor analyzed anything in your post.  I directly answered your question, in which you declared your own opinion. I did not do it for you.  Neither was I dishonest about anything.  Please desist if this is the course you choose to take, as I will not engage in such agendas.

My point remains that Nick Cannon was wrong on two fronts:  1. his choice of "comedy" and 2, his reaction to his employer.  I don't care if he is black, Asian, Caucasian or Martian, male, female, gay, bi-, trans, or any other verbiage that may be circulating, he didn't sell-out his dignity, he threw it away.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

indoor kitty wrote: I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed

IamMrsG wrote:  Joan never claimed to represent anyone but herself, never claimed her dignity was bruised from reaction to anything she said for profit, and I can well imagine what she'd have to say to Mr. Cannon right now.  

indoorkitty wrote: @IamMrsG, Please do not presume to analyze my post. I have always thought Joan got a pass here, while other performers were called vulgar and worse. We all have our favorite people, and sometimes make excuses for them, but be honest about it. 

@QVCkitty1   I neither presumed nor analyzed anything in your post.  I directly answered your question, in which you declared your own opinion. I did not do it for you.  Neither was I dishonest about anything.  Please desist if this is the course you choose to take, as I will not engage in such agendas.

My point remains that Nick Cannon was wrong on two fronts:  1. his choice of "comedy" and 2, his reaction to his employer.  I don't care if he is black, Asian, Caucasian or Martian, male, female, gay, bi-, trans, or any other verbiage that may be circulating, he didn't sell-out his dignity, he threw it away.

Why do you keep bringing up race and sex. I don't understand and I'm done here.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG  That was a wonderful post.  I wish I was as articulate.  I wish more people felt the way you did....very excellent.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

When I see or hear Nick Cannon I immediately think "immature."

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like he bit the hand that fed him.  That's a shame, I liked Nick Cannon.