Respected Contributor

After performing a comedy routine about AGT filled with the 'N' and 'F' words, news filtered down to Nick Cannon that the executives at NBC were considering firing him for it (after previous warnings).  In the line of a good offense as the best defense, Mr. Cannon fired off his indignant resignation on Facebook.  In it he declared that no amount of money they pay him is worth losing his dignity.

Maybe I am not sophisticated enough, but I fail to see dignity, integrity or moral principle in what I read either of his comedy routine or the handling of his resignation.  I've always enjoyed Nick on America's Got Talent, viewing him as a kind and generous man. This news, however, knocks Nick Cannon down several pegs in my estimation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/02/13/nick-cannon-leaving-americas-got-talent/97864566/

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

directed at Nick....

blink.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  It's true.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  Woman Happy

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: Nick Cannon quits AGT

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

directed at Nick....

blink.gif

@Mz iMac LOL! Smiley LOL

Yup!

So true!

It's a shame this had to go the way it did because he was the perfect host for AGT.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems he had distinct personalities- AGT vs comedy. And comedy won out....

I've been thinking who can fill his shoes at AGT. He really connected with the contestants- is there another Ryan Seacrest type out there? 

Respected Contributor

I think Nick could have - should have used anything but AGT for his comedy routine.   He is clueless if he thought for one second that he is not held to a higher standard as host for this show.  When you are part of prime time cable TV and the show is considered family entertainment - there is a certain expectation whether he or anyone else agrees with it or not.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@straykatz wrote:

I think Nick could have - should have used anything but AGT for his comedy routine.   He is clueless if he thought for one second that he is not held to a higher standard as host for this show.  When you are part of prime time cable TV and the show is considered family entertainment - there is a certain expectation whether he or anyone else agrees with it or not.  

I agree, I loved him on AGT too! I  went to Radio City Music Hall - also a few othe tri-state area venues- for the audition shows and the live shows as well. This is so disapponting- and I'm trying to think back if he seemed truly happy in the 'role' or was just earining a paycheck. Nick was 10 ft away from me at times! One never really  knows what was going on inside. 

Honored Contributor

I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm curious, did you all feel that way about Joan Rivers? Her humor was pretty blue and she made mean jokes about overweight people, while selling them her wares. I always feel like she got a pass here, while others get bashed. 

I couldn't stand her. I think she was tacky, to put it nicely. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

directed at Nick....

blink.gif

@Mz iMac

Blinking at him?    What is the point of just blinking?