Trusted Contributor

Nicholas Cruz sentencing day.

[ Edited ]

I have been following this case since the beginning. My heart goes out to the families. Such strong impact statements today.. So very sad. Like others have said, why do we have the death penalty if it wasn't used for this case.... God Bless all the families that had to go through this. And will always be going through this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Nicholas Cruz sentencing day.

[ Edited ]

I found I couldn't watch this. It was too personal a moment between the families and their loved one's murderer. The few that I watched were not traditional impact statements. They were a moment for the families to hurt back. I'm glad they had the opportunity to do that. I just believe it should be private, not televised.

Honored Contributor

Not easy being a juror in televised trials. 

No matter what the verdict.

RIP, victims.  And quick and complete recoveries for the injured.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I don't believe in the death penalty but for these mass shooters I'll make exceptions.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I don't believe in the death penalty but for these mass shooters I'll make exceptions.

yes... when you kill 17 people.... and brag about it and plan it all out.... you deserve the death penalty... he planned this for awhile..........

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unpopular opinion here.

I think he is a monster and deserves everything he gets and more. Yet, you have to wonder what horrible circumstances he must have endured as a child to make him this way.

Honored Contributor

So true.......these people aren't just born mean they have to be created.  Probably will be books written.

Respected Contributor

Nikolas Cruz received 34 consecutive life sentences without any chance of parole.  It's been a long, almost 5 years now, time coming for all those families. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

@depglass wrote:

yes... when you kill 17 people.... and brag about it and plan it all out.... you deserve the death penalty... he planned this for awhile..........

And smirk through the entire trial!

I am not pro death penalty but Cruz is the poster child.

It just gives the next shooter a green light

Trusted Contributor

i know they dont... but i wish they would give us updated... i'd love to know how he's doing in prison...