Esteemed Contributor

Nichelle Nichols

[ Edited ]

Lt. Uhura  ... rest in peace.   She was my favorite character in the original Star Trek series ..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/actress-nichelle-nichols-known-as-lt-uhura-on-original-star-trek-d...

Honored Contributor

One of the best examples of what a girl can be. 🖖🏻🙏🏻❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Loved her. Will never forget the groundbreaking interracial kiss with William Shatner, but even more, appreciated her role as the only female and African American officer on the bridge of the Enterprise.

Honored Contributor

Yes, she was very good on Star Trek.  She was an inspiration to a young Whoopi Goldberg, who went on to become a regular on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Honored Contributor

Such a graceful, soignee presence on "Star Trek".   That voice alone!   I just read that story she told the WSJ that after the first season, she was planning on leaving "Star Trek".    The show's decision to heavily focus on Shatner and Nimoy, had some of the cast "re-evaluating".

Then, at an event, she was told someone wanted to meet her--  he was her 'biggest fan'.   It turned out to be a broadly smiling Martin Luther King Jr.,  and fortunately, meeting him somehow changed her mind about leaving!  She probably got some sense of how important she was to that show, and how very appreciated she was.

RIP,  Nichelle Nichols.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

See the source image

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Visual search query image

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

R.I.P.

R.I.P.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful spirit, she will always be remembered.

Almost back to back losses with actress Mary Alice, former basketball player Bill Russell and Nichelle Nichols.  May they RIP.