Honored Contributor

👰🏾 Nicey Nash has *remarried* 👰🏾

Comedian Niecy Nash is a married woman and she has a new name to share with the world!

The "Claws" and "Reno 911" star tied the knot with musician Jessica Betts recently and shared a joyful photo of the happy couple on  Instagram on Monday.

ezgif-1-fa97c827198a.png

"Mrs. Carol Denise Betts," she wrote, using her real name, Carol Denise, and signaling that she plans to take her new wife's last name. She tagged Betts, who is a rock and soul musician, in the photo, which shows the happy moment both women were officially married.

The new Mrs. Betts, 50, looked stunning in a strapless white dress. She held her bouquet high in the air with one hand as she clasped her wife's hand. The comedian's new wife looked elegant in white trousers, along with a long-sleeve white shirt and vest. She accented the look with a dark green tie and diamond-studded earrings.

Both women had huge smiles as they walked up the aisle after making their nuptials official.

The new romance comes months after the comedian filed for divorce from her husband Jay Tucker in December and finalized details of their divorce in March, according to TMZ. The divorce was legally official on June 21, according to the outlet, making her newest marriage a bit of a whirlwind romance.

While Nash has always been a strong supporter of the LGBTQ community, her marriage to a woman caught some of her fans by surprise.

SOURCE:  www.todayDOTcom

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

Re: 👰🏾 Nicey Nash has *remarried* 👰🏾

I wish they would bring back Reno 911.  Loved that show.  Claws is also excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved her on Clean House.

Honored Contributor

Niecy and Jessica have been close friends for many years.  If you look at Jessica's IG account, she has posts featuring Niecy from as far back as 2016, as they supported each others' careers.  Jessica even had a small role on Claws.

Niecy stated (on her IG account) that she separated from her husband last October 2019, but the official separation and subsequent divorce came later. So, that article stating "whirlwind romance" seems to be stretching things a little bit.   

Esteemed Contributor

Life is too short & full of unexpected obstacles. I wish them the very best.❤️

Valued Contributor

@jcash.I'm with you on that! Love me some Reno 911.She was sooo funny in that.
Hope they have a great life together.
Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Loved that show!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@queendiva - I did too! I loved the whole cast. Remember Matt the fix-it guy? I was surprised to learn he was a physician who decided to be a stand-up comic! 

I've seen Niecy in other shows and movies , and I've always been a fan!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Me too.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

@queendiva - I did too! I loved the whole cast. Remember Matt the fix-it guy? I was surprised to learn he was a physician who decided to be a stand-up comic! 

I've seen Niecy in other shows and movies , and I've always been a fan!  Smiley Happy

I thought Matt was a lawyer who hosts live rescue now.