Honored Contributor

Next Week Is The Victoria Conclusion!

What a wonderful program Victotia has been! I hate it's over!
Honored Contributor

Re: Next Week Is The Victoria Conclusion!

@ECBG If you are referring to Victoria on Masterpiece, I SO agree! I really like Joseph and love to hate Palmerston! I like Duchess Sophie and loathe her husband Monmouth, what a creep.

Super Contributor

Oh No!  There is so much more to her story, are you sure?  I was hoping it would go on through her whole life.  It has been a wonderful program, and very well done.  I'll miss watching it on Sunday evenings.

Honored Contributor

It seems it had just begun and now nearly over. The casting is so good; Jenna Colman and Tom Hughs are perfect. I like Palmerston and Wellington.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I read that after this season of Victoria there will only be two more seasons!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ECBG If you are referring to Victoria on Masterpiece, I SO agree! I really like Joseph and love to hate Palmerston! I like Duchess Sophie and loathe her husband Monmouth, what a creep.

@Love my grandkids Love this mini series!  Hopefully it will rev back up!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@blondiechick wrote:

I read that after this season of Victoria there will only be two more seasons!

I read back when the show started that they only planned it till before Albert's death.  That's in 1861.  I think they are only in the 1850's so it might end considerably before his death.  I am very curious about her life after Albert.  Obviously if they wanted to continue it, it woud be with an older actress.  That woman died when she ws 82.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoy the Victoria series but must admit  the constant bickering between Albert and Victoria is getting old, for me.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I really enjoy the Victoria series but must admit  the constant bickering between Albert and Victoria is getting old, for me.

This is true, but I think there is a bit of jealousy between them, afterall she is the Queen!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now Victoria only has 7 children.  There were 9 in all together, so last 2 years should cover all the children born.

She had close friendships with at least 2 men after Albert's death.  One was John Brown her Master of Horse  making him a highly ranked personal servant. The exact nature of her relationship to him is unknown. But he was devoted to her and never exploited his relationship. they even shared adjoining bedrooms.  She was buried with a ring that Brown gave her on her finger.  Their relationship lasted 20 years until his death in the 1880's. Another was with an Indian scholar who came to England.  He taught her Hindi Sanskrit in spoken and written form.  She became very fluent in Hindi. If she had made the trip to India, she would have addressed the crowds in Hindi.  Quite remarkable, as she had to learn a completely different alphabet and pronunciation.  Their's was more of a teacher/pupil one.  Unlike the Brown situation, Abdul Karim did exploit his situation with her. He was a Muslim Indian and he championed a separate Muslim India many years before Pakistan was created.  There is no evidence of a romantic one with him.  But the John Brown relationship remains an enigma.