Honored Contributor

Is this a good film? Is it violent? Can't decide if I want to see it or not. Thank you for  replies.

Respected Contributor

i haven't seen the movie but I read the book and it was great.  i would think there would be violence portrayed given the time in history.and the main theme.

I would love to see the movie but I don't want to pay.  Is it available on cable or Netflix?

Honored Contributor

We are getting it at our local library.

Valued Contributor

Re: News of the World

[ Edited ]

We thoroughly enjoyed "News of the World". It is an incredibly sweet story, but it is very intense. The interaction between the characters portrayed by Tom Hanks and Helena Zengel (I loved her performance as the young girl) made the movie so enjoyable. The movie is violent, and that is probably why the ratings suggest that the movie is appropriate for children over 12. The violence did not seem gratuitous but rather necessary to propel the story forward. It is a wonderful movie. 

Frequent Contributor

I watched the movie and enjoyed it.  The little girl in the movie was great.  Yes there was violence but not the real gory kind that you see in some movies today.  

Trusted Contributor

I rented this on demand when it first showed up. I like Westerns and Tom Hanks so I enjoyed it. Made for a pleasant Sunday afternoon.

The young actress was very good and the history was so interesting. Glad to be in the 21st century.

Respected Contributor
I liked this movie! I thought it was well done for the time period. It's a great cast too. It does have violent moments but the story is a good one.