Honored Contributor

Newest Publix Commercial

[ Edited ]

This has to be the best commercial I've seen during this pandemic!

It's on youtube Publix commercials.  Its "Open and Stocking" the commercial needs no explanation just a great PSA!

(I have no idea how to post a link)

Honored Contributor

Re: Newest Publix Commercial

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 I've seen that commercial but it sure doesn't apply to my Publix... this morning there were bare shelves, no sandwich meats, hardly any cheese, canned products were pathetic- The entire shelves for paper goods were bare to the bone- I thought they sanitized and stocked at night what with their hours being cut back..  Oh well..

I was told by one of the managers they have the same people come in every day to get the same things..  This greediness has to stop, how many napkins/paper towels or toilet paper can one family use in one week.  People needing stuff badly yet others don't give a rats patoot.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach  same problem with kroger. Our commercial for Kroger you see the trucks on the highway saying we are stocking up the shelves working hard and I do agree it's really hard for the employees and I thank each one of them but guess the trucks are somewhere else have seen paper products in 3 weeks we have a limit now of 1 tp. or 1 laundry soap etc.... they have milk, eggs & cheese. So far I am good for 3 weeks but I will pick it up if I see it. Heard my Costco has tp but I really don't want to be around that with all those people. Remember a show called "Supermarket Sweep?" you have a small amount of time to get groceries, that is me I try to get in & out fast. Guess everyone is baking, nothing either, forget soups & canned veggies. I will say produce is stocked. 

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach 

From your peach I'm assuming you're in Georgia.

I will say our stores (my area FL) are certainly getting back to normal but maybe this area is predominately seniors & smaller store.

Yes, tp and paper products are only there when store opens & yes, I'm sure there are those who go everyday.  

My spouse goes every Sunday as soon as they open for his usual 1 kaiser &1 hoagieroll.  In fact, the bakery lady knows him & has them ready for him!

Last week he came home & tells me they were handing tp, paper towels, hand sanitizer, wipes out to those who wanted them as you came in the door.  ME: Where's ours??? HIM: Why did you want it?? 

Now this week -- he comes home and says: Wow the aisle was stocked they had Viva and Northern TP.  ME: Did you get it?  HIM: No but you can get dressed & go!!! (we don't need right now)

So I know the shelves are stocked!  Also, there are limits on essentials besides paper products such as meats, dairy and bread.

People are just ridiculous who take it just because it's there😡