Respected Contributor

New show "The Courtship" on Bravo

Flipping channels and just came across this show that premiered  tonight 3/6.  It appears to be like the bachelorette  but it's in a castle  with the king and queens daughter trying to find the right mate. Kinda weird, I missed the first 45 mins of a 1 hr show.  Anyone else watching and did you see it from the beginning ?

Valued Contributor

Re: New show "The Courtship" on Bravo

Brainless- What a stupid show! 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Flipping channels and just came across this show that premiered  tonight 3/6.  It appears to be like the bachelorette  but it's in a castle  with the king and queens daughter trying to find the right mate. Kinda weird, I missed the first 45 mins of a 1 hr show.  Anyone else watching and did you see it from the beginning ?

I didn't watch but saw previews.  I love the costumes.  I would hope it is not as crazy with people sleeping with everybody.  That's why I never watched the bachelor or bachelorette.  Hoping this show will have a little class.

Honored Contributor

This is the first I've heard about this. I'm going to guess, without knowing anything about it, that this is a "show," with actors who are in it to entertain us and follow some kind of script!  Sounds like fun!  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trying to play off of "Bridgerton"story ... a flop and big no go for me !!

Valued Contributor

I watched the first 10 minutes and decided it wasn't for me. I hate the way they dressed the "bachelorette". The other women were in tasteful (well, modest anyway) nineteenth century costumes while the lead character was wearing what looked like a nightgown with a neckline that plunged to her waist. Ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

Admittedly I have not seen it, and I don't watch those Bachelor shows either.  But this premise of grown adults playing dress-up while claiming to be looking for "true love" really sounds silly to me. 

Honored Contributor

This show is being played for comedy effect, right?

Honored Contributor

I think it was also on the regular nbc channel too

Honored Contributor

Is this supposed to be like the Bachelor or Bashelorette except in period clothes?  I was turning off Netflix and this was the channel that was on and I say it for a minute before I turned off the t.v. and went to bed and I thought --- what the heck is this?  Is this supposed to be a comedy or what?  I couldn't figure out what it really was???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin