Super Contributor

Re: New show on Food Network with Amy Schumer

I'm a fan of Amy's and look forward to watching the show.  I've never actually watched the Food Network or cooking shows, except that Great British Cooking show on Netflix.

Respected Contributor

Insults do NOT equal humor or entertainment!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Insults do NOT equal humor or entertainment!

------------

I agree!!  There are very few comics that I refuse to watch, but she is one of them!!  Regardless of her show being a food show or a TV show or a stand up theatre show,  I find her performances to be insulting and coarse.

Humorous shows do not have to be based on obscene, crude comments!!

Respected Contributor

What have you that have been watching think of this show?  I havent watched so I dont know if it is good or bad.

Honored Contributor

The commercials really turn me off, so no I won't be watching.

Honored Contributor

For those who enjoyed the show it has bee renewed !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The advertisers must have been pleased with the viewership ratings.

Respected Contributor

I watch food shows every now and then, especially if it involves a BBQ competition. I almost always learn some new trick, term, or technique. The more I watch, the more I learn. 

I am not interested in seeing Amy and her husband on the Food Network. Perhaps Gordon Ramsey's Master Chef (even the re-runs) are more my speed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I gave it another try, and I did end up liking it.  Made me want to eat more fennel and pea shoots! Hahaha 

However, as I said previously, it's not going to make you like her if you don't.  I don't remember her ever going political, but she did comment a few times about having sex with her husband.  I liked some of the people she called and I do think she was sincere when she thanked everyone for watching. And I did laugh a few times.

However, this was done because of the pandemic.  We're trying to move forward from stay at home, etc., so would wonder how it would continue and if it would have the same flavor (no pun intended) as the 1st season.