Trusted Contributor

Re: New show based on QVC! "I love that for you"

@chickenbutt
Oh wow, thank you! I also thought the mother was so familiar...haven't seen Bess Armstrong in years.
Courtney is parodied and so is the patter most show hosts use to sell product. It's an industry ripe for satire and Molly Shannon is hilarious.
I thoroughly enjoyed it! (I'm also a longtime Q and HSN shopper and I see no shame in poking fun at the often absurd language of TV salesmanship.)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Th main character played by Vanessa Bayer whose name is  Joanna Gold per the storyline is a teenage age 13 in the hospital with  a childhood cancer , Leukemia  who   gets hooked and falls in love with a Home Shopping channel.  It all begins when She gets her Mother to buy a bracelet that  the  Host  Jackie Stilton  ( played  by Molly Shannon )  is selling on air .

Then 20 yrs later  Vanessa Bayer auditions as a Host at the same Shopping channel and is hired . She bombs and is fired  by Jennifer Lewis , but then blurts out that she  has cancer to keep her job.

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44
They did such a great parody of David V and Courtney K...the show is hilarious!
Honored Contributor

I watched it today and loved it.  I did catch that it was supposed to be David V., but I don't watch QVC enough to know that the other one was Courtney K.  I don't think this will affect my enjoyment of the show.  I hope not.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@lovescats  THANK YOU

Honored Contributor

The Molly Shannon character instantly reminded me of Coleen Lopez.

Honored Contributor

This show is a hoot.

Respected Contributor

"Even the ugly ones sold out"!!  Jenifer Lewis' character is a riot, if you don't mind all the swearing.  Loving this show, so far.

Honored Contributor

I love this show!  There are only eight episodes this season.  It doesn't look like the viewership is that high though.  I hope there will be a second season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

As long as it goes, I'll keep watching.  It's silly and fun.

I'm not really used to seeing another comedian's character more annoying than a Molly Shannon character, so that's kind of cool.  Not a dig on MS, just that her characters are usually pretty annoying/creepy/weird and this one isn't so much.  I'm liking that.

The main character - I wonder how she is going to get out of the conundrum she put herself in.    Seems like she will have to keep up the charade.