Esteemed Contributor

New show based on QVC! "I love that for you"

I am watching a sneak peek of a new show on Showtime called "I love that for you" and it is based on a home shopping network. It is a hoot!!!! Very funny....I think it is obviously based on QVC.....and QVC hosts. If you get Showtime, I encourage you to check it out. I think its going to be a fun series to watch!

Respected Contributor

Re: New show based on QVC! "I love that for you"

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I am watching a sneak peek of a new show on Showtime called "I love that for you" and it is based on a home shopping network. It is a hoot!!!! Very funny....I think it is obviously based on QVC.....and QVC hosts. If you get Showtime, I encourage you to check it out. I think its going to be a fun series to watch!

@Goldengate8361  Saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it did look good. Will watch it too.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if any former hosts were consulted ?  Can't wait to see this!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved it!  Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon are co-creators and of course, star in it.  I was trying to figure out which real life host each of the show hosts is based on.  I do think that southern guy was based on a certain QVC host, especially when he mentioned referencing his mama.  I wonder if it's as brutal behind the scenes as this show is making it out to be.  I loved when VB made that expression as the vendor sprayed that mist in her face.  What a hoot! By the way, I believe it was Kathy Levine who actually had to sell a pencil during her try out just like VB did last night. Fact plus fiction equals funny.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom : It was Kathy Levine.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

JT had to sell a pencil -  maybe they all did years ago when people still knew what a pencil is.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Sounds interesting.  When is it on?

Trusted Contributor

NO THANK YOU!  I will not ever watch cancer liars.  Not funny, not ever!  Just to keep your job?  Discusting!

Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 the preview was on Sunday night. I'm not sure if the series will be on Sunday nights or not. I do know it was on Showtime.

Respected Contributor

Vanessa Bayer appeared on one of the late night talk shows last night.  Said she went to QVC to do research, and met with Marybeth Roe and Jane Treacy!  Said she grew up watching home shopping.