Honored Contributor

Re: New show based on QVC! "I love that for you"

The take off on David is perfect !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

The skewering of some of the current hosts is so fabulous and so on point!

Respected Contributor

Reminds me a little of "Younger," in that Liza had also deceived her boss and feared her secret would be revealed.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll add that I think some of them are not sharp enough to see the vicious skewering taking place!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'll add that I think some of them are not sharp enough to see the vicious skewering taking place!

@Johnnyeager , I'msure the dimmer bulbs will think they are famous ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes!  Those very, very dim bulbs have already lit up!

The dimmest of the bulbs have had viewing parties!  (refer you to appropriate social media)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love that show!  I just watched the latest episode.  I'm not sure who any of the actors are supposed to be except for David, and he's great.  

I loved hearing Jordan sing.  I hope he'll sing on more episodes.

I just read through this thread again and see that Beth Ann is based on Courtney.  Is Jackie based on Colleen Lopez?  I'm assuming Joanna isn't really based on anyone.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I finally watched this. There are 4 episodes so far. It's really good. EVERYONE gets skewered on the show. Hosts, corporate, staff, and we customers. (Customers are portrayed as all being unstylish, overweight, kind of pathetic but nice, grannies.) Everyone is made fun of. But the overall tone is sweet and funny, so I liked it a lot.

The central drama of the show is

Spoiler

that the main character just loves SVC (QVC) and watched it as an ill child in the hospital. Her life goes pretty much nowhere after she gets better and she finally takes a chance on auditioning to become a host and supposedly does so well at selling a pencil that they hire her.

She tanks the first time she goes on air and gets fired, and in a moment of desperation, she lies and says that her cancer is back. Which saves her job but sets in motion all sorts of events that are completely out of her control, creating lots of comedy.

That isn't really a spoiler. It's all in the first pilot episode and sets up the entire series.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I've been watching. The two things going for it are the day of the week it comes on and that it's only a 30-minute show. If either of those two things change I will probably drop it because I don't love it. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well that didn't take long...

Tomorrow, Jane Treacy and the star of the show, Vanessa Bayer, are appearing on QVC together at 1:00pm.  They're presenting items on -air. 

The show is called:

"Vanessa Bayer and Jane Treacy's Must-Haves"