Honored Contributor

I watched Fargo last night, it was good but I'm not sure I got the ending. I'm going to check out the recap at Entertainment Weekly. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched Fargo last night, it was good but I'm not sure I got the ending. I'm going to check out the recap at Entertainment Weekly. 

I took the ending to symbolize the mysterious nature of Varga's existence and presence at the Stussy offices.  He was an enigma throughout the whole season with no presence on the internet.  The only mention of his past that I can recall was the poisoned tea recipe from his father.  As he said, "I move about in the air.  I will walk out that door and disappear."

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  I think Noah Hawley (creator) left the ending up to the viewer to decide if Varga did walk out or if Gloria finally had him.  Sort of a lady or the tiger scenario.

Fargo has always been about justice catching up with the "bad guys" so my feeling is that Varga did not get to leave.

The creator and writers of Fargo are very clever in their use of "This is a True Strory" routine - you can look at the opening episode in Berlin as a way of looking at things-who has the true story?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh