Respected Contributor

New season of Call the Midwife

New season starts October 3rd on PBS.

Honored Contributor

Re: New season of Call the Midwife

I'm excited to see it! 

I know that the series has been around for some time but I only really got into it at the beginning of the pandemic.  I really loved the characters & storyline....looking forward to the new season!

Honored Contributor

Thank you!  I really like that show.

Esteemed Contributor

This series is based on a series of books.  The books were written by one of the midwives; at least for first three seasons the stories came directly from these stories.  Maybe the subsequent seasons are based on true stories?  The books are available on Amazon and I read them on my Fire.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Thank you.  I like this show.  It seems to disappear for long periods of time and I forget about it.  Just like Doc Martin.  It disappeared completely from PBS,  So thank you for the heads upSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love this show.

Our local PBS station has been showing the reruns and I've been watching those.  They are just as good the second time around.

Respected Contributor

@Travone 

They sure are. I've been watching the older episodes on Netflix. It's one series I never tire of seeing.

I enjoyed the books too. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@deeva wrote:

Thank you.  I like this show.  It seems to disappear for long periods of time and I forget about it.  Just like Doc Martin.  It disappeared completely from PBS,  So thank you for the heads upSmiley Happy

@sunshine 919 It's also on Netflix.  That's how I viewed the whole series last year.

Contributor

I too enjoyed the series and look forward to the new season.  I binge watched all nine seasons on Netflix this summer.  My favorite character is Trixie and the saddest storyline is the death of Barbara.

Valued Contributor

@Nathan Grandma   Spoilers much?