Honored Contributor

Re: New Year's Eve TV Offerings

@deepwaterdotter, I think it'll be a cozy stay-in movie night for us. Haven't we noticed over on the film threads that TCM seems to run the whole "Thin Man" series every New Year's?  Or did I just dream that, ha.

If so, we'll probably tune in to at least one or two of them.  Fun tradition to start, or continue, to spend with bubbly William Powell and Myrna Loy.

Prefer apolitical New Year's Eve, so doubt we'll look at any networks, except maybe just for a few seconds of ball drop.

Failing "The Thin Man", a few other movie possibilities occur.  I've got "Chase a Crooked Shadow", terrific British suspense thriller with Anne Baxter as wealthy heiress in peril, DVR'd.  Also have "Cover-Up" and "23 Paces to Baker Street", so good chance it'll be a 'noirish' NYE.

Trusted Contributor

I'll be watching The Honeymooners marathon and the Twilight zone marathon.

Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I know what I won't watch, any show with Steve Harvey, and I've been over Cooper since he dropped Kathy Griffin. Probably a movie on Netflix.

For more than a few years I watched and laughed with Anderson and Kathy Griffin on NYE.  Don't watch AC anymore, especially not on NYE

Honored Contributor

Not interested in watching any news channels or the NYC festivities.  We have fun ones in our city to watch but we'll tune in at the countdown.  Can't be bothered with a rehashing of all the angst and hair on fire reporting.  Had enough.

Probably will do the Roma series on Netflix in the evening.

We are going out with the kids early in the day for Persian, Greek, Turkish, and Mediterranean food at a favorite restaurant.

Of course NYE is always the time for a 3 Stooges marathon-check local listings. LOL

Image result for 3 stooges pie fight gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Looks like TCM is airing both "That's Entertainment" movies.  I would also watch a "Thin Man" movie marathon if that were what they were airing.

Honored Contributor

Oh, really, @deepwaterdotter?  Too bad-- I had worked myself up to a craving for "Thin Man"!   Although "That's Entertainment" I and II are fun.  I have to be in the mood, though, for all that quick jump-cutting from one performance to the next....  I do love to see the old stars doing the intros to the various clips--  Liz Taylor is so stunning in her segment...

I could have sworn that they ran "Thin Man" marathons a couple of years running-- but they're probably smart to mix things up a bit in their schedule; go in this direction, and then in that direction.  At least I have enough movies "stockpiled" so as to have a few choices...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell

@deepwaterdotter

Thin Man marathon: TMC, Monday 12/31 starting at 7:45 am central time until 7 pm central time.

😁

Honored Contributor

Hey, great-- thanks, @nomless!

Honored Contributor

Ooh-forgot about the Twilight Zone marathon.  Good one.

Although posting here can sometimes feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.  LOL

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Oznell

@deepwaterdotter

Thin Man marathon: TMC, Monday 12/31 starting at 7:45 am central time until 7 pm central time.

😁

I'll be watching.