Trusted Contributor

Re: New Year’s Eve Coverage

I'll flip back and forth through all the channels until midnight.  Right now I'm watching Mariah on ABC.  She's doing better this time.  A couple of years ago it was a disaster.

I'll be sipping some Baileys as I watch the various programs, then hold some cash in my hands at midnight for good luck, say good riddens to 2021, then off to bed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!  Let's hope it's a healthy one for all!

Esteemed Contributor

The entertainment - rock groups - screaming in a microphone that's too loud without a mic........is awful.  Don't know the young 'rockers' and have no interest.

They spoiled the flip of the calendar - and the joy.

ZZZZZ

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz that may have been a clip from a previous NYE, since it's the 50th anniversary they are showing clips from other years. 

Trusted Contributor

@DustRose wrote:
Remember watching Guy Lombardo with my parents. Those where the good old times
What they show now doesn't hold a candle to that.

@DustRose 

Same with me!   I remember watching Guy too with my parents.  But back in the 70's, at least ****** Clark's Rockin Eve had artists I knew like Barry Manilow, Carpenters... now I don't even know who the people are on those shows.   Tried watching CNN and Anderson & Andy, but it is stupid and the people in Times Square are annoying.  

I can hear fireworks in the background around me.  Here in AZ, they are legal.  It's really worrisome.  

I may be up at midnight but there is nothing to watch, even the football game is boring.   I will wait for "Everybody Loves Raymond," to come on.  That show always makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

We are going with the Nashville crowd.  Since so many are from Oklahoma we thought we might actually recognize some of them.  Doesn't seem so much so with most of the rest!

We have already had our celebritory taco salads. 

Honored Contributor

I've been going back and forth between Andy and Anderson and Ryan and it's pretty much a snoozefest. 

Trusted Contributor

Remember in the "old" days when NYE fell on a weekday and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson did a NYE show?  

Now, it's just those irritating music shows, some that are filmed days before 12/31.

I am watching "The Golden Girls" on TV Land now.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My daughter and boyfriend in Colorado and the daughter and family not far from me all texting, doing FaceTime Happy New Year.

The Colorado daughter goes by East Coast time.

She recently started using the air fryer I sent her 2 years ago.  She's died and gone to Heaven with the thing.  She hauled it to his house and it will go back home to her house.  That's the primary conversation.

Well I took all my drugs so I'll soon be knocked out.

Take care sweet ladies.  Be safe.  Fondly Annabelle and Bill the wonder cat😘

Esteemed Contributor

None of them. I tend to not really care for the performances, and then after midnight I don't care to see random strangers sucking face on TV. It's just always so cliche to me. 

I have been watching a Castle Marathon all day. I switched over to QVC, to watch their little ball drop, and I have switched back to Castle. 

Honored Contributor

happy new year everyone! may 2022 be a happy. prosperous, and healthy one for all.

we had two televisions going late tonight......one with anderson and andy and the other with miley cyrus. i have been cooking all day and still watching christmas hallmark movies in the background. i dont want the holidays to end.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein