Honored Contributor

I wasn't sure I saw a thread for this show, I decided to start one. This show is on CBS on Sunday nights at 8:00. I watched it (DVR'd it) and really liked it. Alan Cummings stars (loved him as Eli on The Good Wife) as a professor of abnormal psychology, he is also a writer (editor is Whoopi Goldberg) and helps a NY detective on a case. I always say I'm not going to watch any shows on CBS on Sundays because nothing ever starts on time due to football, golf, or March Madness, then of course I do!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Sow Instinct

[ Edited ]

Thanks for starting a thread about this new show. I was going to start one this morning then forgot about it. Yes, I really like the show. too. I've got it set to record the whole series. I like Alan Cumming. I liked Cumming when he played 'Glitch' in the series Tin Man . 'Glitch' was analogous to the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. I just wished the Dr. in Instinct kept Cumming's real Scottish accent.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the episode.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it (well, half of it), so I am watching it on CBS.com right now.

I love AC and so far it's good.  It sort of reminds me of Elementary.  But I tired of that after about 5 episodes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I had a hard time watching it because (for some reason) 60 minutes ALWAYS runs into the show after that and it affects everything.

Now I just DVR everything on that channel.  It's crazy but it happens every Sunday night!

Anyway, I love Alan Cummings.  He's amazing on Broadway and has had several one man shows.  He even has (I believe it's a restaurant).

How can you not love those dimples.  That impish grin he gives....

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show Instinct

[ Edited ]

I set my DVR to end 60 minutes after the program ends. I remember watching another show Sundays on CBS a couple of years ago. It always started late.

Instinct was ok. Worth another try next week.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I of course meant show not sow!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Sow Instinct

[ Edited ]

I love Alan Cummings & watched it.  I like him, but I don't really like any of the other characters he interacts with on the show, so far.  Didn't care for the actress who plays opposite his character or the guy who plays his husband, just didn't feel any chemistry or maybe they're not good enough actors to compete with Cummings.  I'll give it another episode of so, before I give up on it, though.  Maybe, it will get better when he starts working for the NYPD & they get into a routine.

ETA: I did like Whoopi's character.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

Sorry, I of course meant show not sow!

I was intrigued thinking it some sort of study involving pigs.

I did watch Instinct and think it has possibilities but I don't care for the blond detective, she's unpleasant and disrespectful. The professor is meant to be quirky, I assume, but comes across as more of a show off. I like unique people, not quirky or show off ones. 

Honored Contributor

I also enjoyed the show and the characters are very likable. Unfortunately as @Annabellethecat66 stated - the show is in a time slot that is very frustrating. Sports are on in the afternoon which delays the start time of 60 minutes and every show thereafter. I also have it on DVR but if I'm home - I DVR the show or news after the program to ensure I get to watch the whole program.