Honored Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

Sorry, I of course meant show not sow!

I thought it was about a pig, couldn't figure it out

thanks for the laugh

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey Love your moniker! A throwback to my younger years.

I still use slang....

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

Thanks for starting a thread about this new show. I was going to start one this morning then forgot about it. Yes, I really like the show. too. I've got it set to record the whole series. I like Alan Cumming. I liked Cumming when he played 'Glitch' in the series Tin Man . 'Glitch' was analogous to the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. I just wished the Dr. in Instinct kept Cumming's real Scottish accent.Woman Happy

He's supposed to be a former CIA agent, so that would have been a problem.

But if you need a fix of his amazing accent, he does narrate quite a few audio books, including MacBeth (a dramatized version of the play and a much longer novel based on the play) and two of his own memoirs. You can also check your local PBS station to see if they air repeats of his special, Alan Cumming Sings Sappy Songs.

Macbeth (Dramatized) audiobook cover art

Respected Contributor

@Tiquewrote:

I set my DVR to end 60 minutes after the program ends. I remember watching another show Sundays on CBS a couple of years ago. It always started late.

Instinct was ok. Worth another try next week.

I do the same, but 90 minutes. When CBS had Madam Secretary followed by Elementary, I set my DVR to record Madam Secretary for three hours so that the recording wouldn't cut off in the middle of Madam Secretary and finish on my recording of Elementary.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show Instinct

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed this one.  I found it refreshing, even though many elements are familiar.  I think Alan Cummings is fun to watch.

@Jordan2

If you want, you can edit the title of your first post.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I finally finished watching it online.

I think it has potential, but I agree with all the statements made on this thread.

I'll give it a few episodes to see if it comes together.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

If your dvr is set to record "Instinct" tonight, CBS is already more than 1/2 hr behind. "60 Minutes" which was supposed to come on @ 6P just came on so you need to make an adjustment.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Finally I realized what this show reminds me of ~ "Perception". The quirky professor helping the detective to solve crimes. "Perception" starring Eric McCormack as Dr. Daniel Pierce did it better.

Think I'm done.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I really like the show, the chemistry between the two lead actors is great ( we can enjoy the show without the sexual tension). My elderly mother, who is a little forgetful at times, has said two weeks in a row, he looks familiar to her (Alan Cumming), she thinks he is Jonny Lee Miller from Elementary!