Respected Contributor

Starting tonight 8:30 "I Love That for You". Description from Showtime:  A woman overcomes childhood leukemia to achieve her dream of becoming an on-air host at a home shopping network.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Showtime Series

[ Edited ]

I viewed the 1st episode last night . I usually do not  watch the sit com's on TV , however  the acting in this series is very good. The lead  character Vanessa  Bayer is quite  endearing. It is interesting in comparing some of their over the top characters to some existing Hosts on the various Shopping channels  such as QVC . The only issue that I had was  in some of the lines delivered by the tough  " take no prisoners " programming boss Patricia played by  Jennifer Lewis. Some her lines are quite crude and the cursing is a bit much.

Trusted Contributor
@coffee drinker
Did you like the first episode? They parodied Courtney K and David V so well. I loved the lines about lobster claw clasps! I found it hilarious and I'm a huge HSN and Q fan. We should all be able to laugh at the TV shopping world...it's ripe for satire.
Respected Contributor

Re: New Showtime Series

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 I sort of chuckled to  myself when the main character was auditioning for the job and had to "sell" a pencil.  If my memory is right, isn't that what Jane Tracey had to do at her auditioning interview.  I enjoyed it and will continue to watch.   

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 Yes, I did enjoy the show and will continue to watch.  There was another sit-com that was on called "Somebody, Somewhere".  It now streaming on HBO and HBO Max -- 1 season, maybe 8 episodes 1/2 hour.  It's a little crude with the cursing, but that's life, I suppose.    

Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Yes, the character  that Molly Shannon plays , makes some facial expressions like MBR . I got it that the male character as you noted  had lines abt " Mamma"  comparable to David. The other character who is like the beauty queen  reminded me of SK instead of CK. The acting is  terrific in the series .