Esteemed Contributor

I am curious about this new show ... I think ABC & the other channels have to stop showing all these violent shows ... people watch & get ideas & commit crime .... we need more dramas with a decent plot/storyline or some more really good comedies!! .. I dislike any show with violence and avoid watching them.

Respected Contributor

I don't plan to watch this.  Too much violence on TV already. 

Respected Contributor

I record every new show and give it a chance but for some reason this season has  been slim pickens for me.   Usually a new show will be cancelled that I really like but so far the only one I like is the comedy "life in pieces".

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Supergirl looks like a show my grandchildren might like.  I tend to like more nitty gritty (that word looks weird).  I mean how much can she do?  She is a teenager.

She's 24, so not a teenager.

And before you assume a fictional person with super powers can't do much because she's a teenager, I'd remind you that REAL people with no powers have managed to accomplish a lot while very young.

Malala Yousafzai was 15 when she was shot in the face at  by the Taliban because she was an activist demanding education for girls in her country. She was 16 when she spoke at the United Nations on Malala Day. She was 17 when she won a Nobel Peace Prize. She's now 18 and has founded several schools for girls.

Steve Wozniak was 26 when he invented what would become the Apple Computer and Steve Jobs was 21 when he founded Apple Computers with Wozniak and they changed the world of personal computing.

Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook from his dorm room when he was 20 years old. That's also the age at which he became a millionaire.

And let's not forget Joan of Arc, who died at 19, and Alexander the Great, who conquered Persia when he was twenty-two. Michael Jackson was leading the Jackson 5 to some of their biggest hits at age 12. John Lennon and The Beatles began Beatlemania when Lennon was 23. Elvis was 21 when he became popular. And the TV show Shark Tank has featured several young entrepreneurs who aren't even in their teens yet, like Mikaila Ulmer, the 10-year-old founder of Bee Sweet Lemonade.

Honored Contributor

Wicked City seems to have as a premise what How to Get Away With Murder has turned into:  a bunch of unkind people doing unkind (and beyond) acts.  

Now Supergirl - I hope she flies far and wide.  I liked that they premiered it to a group of moms and daughters as shown in their promo commercial.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Definitely a 10-o'clock time slot show.  Very explicit, but the serial murder storyline kept me interested until the end.

Esteemed Contributor

Same thing, s###x, murder, multilation,  a very horrible story.  Hopefully it won,t make it.  I won,t continue watching.  TV used to be good, but now, just sick minds producing these sick shows.  We used to watch TV to escape the reality of work days and relax. Now the world outside and TV is all about murder.

Respected Contributor

I watched it and thought it was good, but it was borderline too creepy for me with the murders, etc.  I also like Jeremy Sisto so may continue to watch just for him. 

Honored Contributor

I ididn't watch it, but I do remember several Criminal Minds episodes where there were killer couples, very creepy!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I DVR'd this show but haven't watched it yet.  It strikes me as the type of show that probably won't last.  I was intrigued by the storyline and also because the main actress is from one of my favorite shows gone by, Parenthood.