Honored Contributor

Re: New Show Whiskey Cavalier

I watched it, it was clever, lots of action, looked more like a movie than a TV show.

The pilot looked like a set up for future episodes.   If the 2 main characters can recreate the chemistry from Moonlighting, it will survive.    

It comes on opposite Chicago PD, which I don't watch but is very popular.

When ABC starts moving it around the schedule, we'll know the end is near.

Honored Contributor

I am not familiar with either of the leads in this.  It was not my cup of tea.  I think I saw 20 minutes of it but it wasn't holding my interest.

I never got to the part with the woman.  He annoyed me log before she showed up on screen.

I'm not sure I recorded the whole thing.  I had 30 minutes of news on the front end

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Just a terrible show.only reason i watched it is because of FOLEY.

I hope they cancel it fast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Scott Foley, but I thought the show wasn't very well written.  I don't mind light-hearted, but there has to be some chemistry among the players and some interesting plots.  This one tried too hard and missed the target.  

I love Nathan Fillion, but I never liked the relationship with Stana Katic on Castle, so rarely I watched the show.  In fact, I often wished that there was no Beckett because all of the other characters were interesting and well-acted.

Why do these shows always revolve around a romantic couple?  Why not feature two guys or two women like Lethal Weapon?  It's too bad that that show fell apart because it was funny without being too silly.

Honored Contributor

Looked like just one more in a long line of formulaic dramedies, whereby the lead male and female characters engage in an ongoing banter, fueling their love-hate relationship. Not much interested. It's been done before and probably done better, Neither of these actors has either the appeal or the 'star power' to draw me in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I liked it. I always give a show two episodes to form an opinion. Sometimes changes are made between the pilot and the second episode. Some shows need some traction to get going. When I first started watching A Million Little Things I didn't care for it, it grew on me, I'm glad I hung in with it.

Respected Contributor

Guess I'm in the minority, but DH and I both liked it. 

Maybe because we don't watch very much network TV (never watched Moonlighting, Castle or the others mentioned) so it's new and has enough action to keep us interested...especially after watching mostly news all day. Woman Frustrated

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I liked it. I always give a show two episodes to form an opinion. Sometimes changes are made between the pilot and the second episode. Some shows need some traction to get going. When I first started watching A Million Little Things I didn't care for it, it grew on me, I'm glad I hung in with it.

@Jordan2 @denisemb . I am glad I watched the 1st episode, as I did like it. I always give shows a couple  of episodes as well before I give up. This show is light hearted, fun and I like the characters, so I will continue to give it a chance, like I did with God Friended Me. I thought oh how stupid, but then once I started watching I really liked it...So glad I stuck with it......

Esteemed Contributor

I watched tonight and found it to be very enjoyable. I am glad I have it a second chance. It does remind me of Castle.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I watched tonight and found it to be very enjoyable. I am glad I have it a second chance. It does remind me of Castle.

@elated  I am enjoying the show too. Maybe I'm crazy, but with the foreign locations, the show reminds me of some 60's movies I've seen ( maybe Charade?).