Honored Contributor

Re: New Show The Resident

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2wrote:

@Tiquewrote:

For those who have seen last night's show, what did you think of the guy with the syrup bottle? I know people do these things but OUCH!!!

@Tique, maybe I'm naive, I don't get what someone gets out of doing that! I remember a rumor involving a well known actor and a hamster!

@Jordan2    I'm right there with you. I thought there would be a sense of shame or contrition or something but that guy seemed proud. I didn't get it at all.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I really enjoy the show, my new favorite. I like the characters and the story lines.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching this as well.  I had missed the first few episodes but I caught them On Demand and they repeated 2 while the Olympics were being shown so I'm up to speed.  I haven't watched Monday's episode though I DVRd it.    

Valued Contributor

I work in a hospital and seen it all. having a syrup bottle stuck up ones behind is nothing new.how about a vibrater stuck up ones behind and it was still on. that was something.

Respected Contributor

Something about the guy that plays Dr. Bell AKA HODAD just creeps me out big time.   His eyes just look dead or something to me, like they have no pupils.

Honored Contributor

Help! Would someone please explain what Melina Kanakaredes' character, Dr Lane Hunter, is doing to her patients. Obviously Lily wasn't ready for the procedure she was scheduled to have [and would have] if Nic and later Dr. Prevesh hadn't intervened.

TIA.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tiquewrote:

Help! Would someone please explain what Melina Kanakaredes' character, Dr Lane Hunter, is doing to her patients. Obviously Lily wasn't ready for the procedure she was scheduled to have [and would have] if Nic and later Dr. Prevesh hadn't intervened.

TIA.

She's using her patients, overprescribing, scheduling procedures that are unneeded  or, worse, harmful to make money from insurance companies. It's not uncommon for doctors to overprescribe tests, hospitals promote it. They have to pay for their expensive machines and staff.  If you have insurance beware.

Honored Contributor

I really like this show, they did such a good job with casting the characters.

Respected Contributor

I like The Resident very much especially Matt Czuchry.  They have a strong cast with Bruce Greenwood, Emily VanCamp, Melina Kanakaredes, and others who are not as famous.  I hope Fox renews tis show.

Honored Contributor

I also really like this show.  This one and 9-1-1 are two new dramas that I've been enjoying very much.

I got away from cop or hospital type dramas decades ago, but these two shows really drew me in.