Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

How is it that no one notices that the chief of surgery's (Bruce Greenwood) hand shakes? He has no business operating, he should stick to teaching.

It sounds like they all know it but keep their mouths shut.

Honored Contributor

Loved the show. Of course, I loved Dr. Kildare and Marcus Welbey M.D. too.

Guess that would make me a senior.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

=========

The 'retired' part of your nic pretty much gave away that you are a senior and a nurse!  I'm watching the second episode right now (On Demand) and I'm getting squeamish. 💉💊🏥🚑

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show The Resident

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

Lets not forget Medical Center and Ben Casey!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Lets not forget Medical Center and Ben Casey!!

Chad Everett <swoon>   :-)

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

How is it that no one notices that the chief of surgery's (Bruce Greenwood) hand shakes? He has no business operating, he should stick to teaching.

Everybody knows!  Well, except his patients.  Why do you think the Nigerian surgeon was the one who actually did the laser surgery instead of the chief of surgery?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Everybody knows!  Well, except his patients.  Why do you think the Nigerian surgeon was the one who actually did the laser surgery instead of the chief of surgery?

I don't know if everyone knows as he is trying to hide his hand shaking. Conrad knows, but it seems like the chief of surgery has dirt on everyone to keep them in line. At what point will the doctors and nurses stop covering for him, his actions lead the hospital open for a potential lawsuit.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I don't know if everyone knows as he is trying to hide his hand shaking. Conrad knows, but it seems like the chief of surgery has dirt on everyone to keep them in line. At what point will the doctors and nurses stop covering for him, his actions lead the hospital open for a potential lawsuit.

I was thinking the exact same thing?  Very confusing.

This is just a guess judging from the 1st 2 episodes.....

This surgeon brings in the $$$$$$$ firgure donors which includes politicians.  This hospital is all about the $.  It was referenced that as long as that girl stayed alive in a vegative state coma, the hospital was making money.

The heart transplant switch.  I was disgusted.

What is confusing to me is that since mostly everyone knows his condition why not suggest to the head surgeon that he retires STOPS doing surgery & just devote himself FULL TIME to teaching the interns since the hospital is a teaching hospital?

Not sure if I will be watching any further episodes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Jordan2- it actually happens more than you think and there are such things as ghost surgeons as well.  But, residents do not have the skills, power, expertise that Conrad exhibits ( unless a senior resident in a specialty) nor the resident, Dr. Pravash, the first day on the job.  It's not a realistic show but I like it and the characters.  It's just entertainment with shreds of reality

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mz iMac- he blackmailed her into doing it.   He threatened to make it difficult for her to get her Visa