Respected Contributor

@Goldie76  Thanks for posting the interesting interview.

----------------------------

I started watching the premiere episode of "The Deuce" when it was first available as a pre-release, but I had to stop, and honestly forgot about it.  I did like what I had watched, though, and plan to finish.  Hopefully later today.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

i like celery, I find George Pelecanos fascinating, and so I am delighted that you enjoyed the interview.

He is one of those rare people who live where they grew up and yet make it on the entertainment scene.  I'm sure he has "paid his dues" in some way, but I always relish stories of those who succeed in the entertainment industry without making New York City or Hollywood their home. 

Respected Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I started watching the premiere episode of "The Deuce" when it was first available as a pre-release, but I had to stop, and honestly forgot about it.  I did like what I had watched, though, and plan to finish.  Hopefully later today.  

Okay, I was able to finish the first episode, and will continue to watch the series.  I could have sworn when the pilot was first available On-Demand before airing, episode 2 was also available.  I'm not referring to the extra behind the scene clips, but to episode 2.  Oh, well.  Will wait for episode 2 to air.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

I watched it! The pilot episode did not 'wow' me, but it interested me enough to keep watching. I love James Franco (even though the 'stache is cheesy) and Maggie G. Gritty is right....you can almost smell the cigarettes and stale...well, you know....

Hey, if you like MG, have you seen the movie Secretary? She is definitely drawn to flawed characters.

@sallybusky  I saw "Secretary" when it was first released, and really liked it.  It's a movie that may not appeal to everyone, though.  Did you ever see "Sherrybaby" ?  Maggie G was also the lead in that movie, and was awesome in her role.  Again, another movie that may not appeal to everyone.  I really recommend it, though, if you haven't already seen it.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

Okay, I was able to finish the first episode, and will continue to watch the series.  I could have sworn when the pilot was first available On-Demand before airing, episode 2 was also available.  I'm not referring to the extra behind the scene clips, but to episode 2.  Oh, well.  Will wait for episode 2 to air.  

@I like celery, when I first saw the pilot I could have sworn episode two was available also. I went to watch it yesterday and was surprised I couldn't.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@I like celery, when I first saw the pilot I could have sworn episode two was available also. I went to watch it yesterday and was surprised I couldn't.

@Jordan2  Thanks for confirming it.  Maybe episode 2 was just available for a limited time On-Demand.  I was really looking forward to watching it, after I finally finished episode 1, and was bummed to not see it available. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@Jordan2  Thanks for confirming it.  Maybe episode 2 was just available for a limited time On-Demand.  I was really looking forward to watching it, after I finally finished episode 1, and was bummed to not see it available. 

@I like celery, you're welcome! I guess we'll just have to wait until next Sunday.

Regular Contributor

I have it on my DVR to watch. I'm excited. I've seen previews and I've had the reminder on my calendar for a while now so I didn't forget to set the DVR.

Maggie has been making the late night show rounds and from the quick views it seemed really well done so I'll be sitting down soon to watch it.

Respected Contributor

I am really liking this series.  I can't help but feel badly for Maggie G's character, Candy. 

As soon as each week's episode ends, I am already looking forward to the next episode.  This would be a great series to binge watch.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I am really liking this series.  I can't help but feel badly for Maggie G's character, Candy. 

As soon as each week's episode ends, I am already looking forward to the next episode.  This would be a great series to binge watch.  

@I like celery, this was episode 5 I think, do you know how many episodes were made? I was thinking 8 or 10.