Honored Contributor

Re: New Show Star Trek Discovery

At the end of the show it said you could watch next week's episode on All Access, so the perk of paying is you get to see it before everyone else.

The 3 people still watching next week.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm an hour in and I am unimpressed and uninterested.

Too many women.  I need some eye candy if you can't give me a storyline I can follow.

I too gave it whirl and called it quits after 20 minutes.

More special effects than substance IMHO. I did DVR it in case I can force myself to finish the episode or hubby wants to try it out.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Too many women.  I need some eye candy if you can't give me a storyline I can follow.

More special effects than substance IMHO. I did DVR it in case I can force myself to finish the episode or hubby wants to try it out.

Same here. I tuned in for the first half then switched to something else...ID channel I think Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing we are not their target audience ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I've watched the first two episodes on CBS All Access and I'm not impressed. I don't find any of the characters especially likeable. I think CBS is hurting themselves by releasing it on a weekly basis. Streamers are used to being able to watch the whole season at once and CBS isn't allowing that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Same here. I tuned in for the first half then switched to something else...ID channel I think Woman LOL

I couldn't make it after the intro, got tired of the reused nickname " Number One" when Picard said it a lot in The Next Gen as a nickname for Will which is shorter and that always seemed dumb then. The captain also called her Michael to introduce her real name, but then went back to Number One but, does anyone state someone's name or nickname so much when speaking to someone? Really. I don't know why I pick up on dumb things like that but it bothered me. They could have just had another character say her name later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I suppose 'Number One' is easier to remember than all those humanoid Cylon models from Battlestar Galactica. I think there were like twelve of them. I could never keep them all straight.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suppose 'Number One' is easier to remember than all those humanoid Cylon models from Battlestar Galactica. I think there were like twelve of them. I could never keep them all straight.

I LOVED Battlestar Galactica almost more than ST. The TV show Portlandia had a funny Battlestar Galactica binge watching skit it's hilarious! Have you seen it @SilleeMee ? One of the producers, and two of the actors (Giaus & Adama) were in it at the end, it's really good if you haven't. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I LOVED Battlestar Galactica almost more than ST. The TV show Portlandia had a funny Battlestar Galactica binge watching skit it's hilarious! Have you seen it @SilleeMee ? One of the producers, and two of the actors (Giaus & Adama) were in it at the end, it's really good if you haven't. Smiley Happy

No, I have never seen that show @StraytoStay. Sounds funny though. I will look for it. Thanks.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

Where I am the whole season is on CBS. 

Same for me. I do not have to pay anything extra to see this show on my regular local CBS channel.

Hi,

I am curious as to where in the US the episodes are available for free on regular CBS? Everything I've read online says that apart from the premiere, all episodes are only available on CBS All Access. In Canada, all episodes are available on the "Space" channel. Outside of the US and Canada, the episodes are available on Netflix.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-new-episodes-onli/1100-6453477/

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-stream-release-date-time-cbs-new-netfli...