Trusted Contributor

Re: New Show Star Trek Discovery

@SilleeMee wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suppose 'Number One' is easier to remember than all those humanoid Cylon models from Battlestar Galactica. I think there were like twelve of them. I could never keep them all straight.

I LOVED Battlestar Galactica almost more than ST. The TV show Portlandia had a funny Battlestar Galactica binge watching skit it's hilarious! Have you seen it @SilleeMee ? One of the producers, and two of the actors (Giaus & Adama) were in it at the end, it's really good if you haven't. Smiley Happy

No, I have never seen that show @StraytoStay. Sounds funny though. I will look for it. Thanks.Woman Happy

I tried to find the entire skit at YouTube, but it's cut where they go try to find one of the writers to create more episodes. I don't know where to see it in its entirety, but it's worth searching. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I am a Trekkie....and I thought it was awful....didn't find the characters likeable..

Honored Contributor

@QsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

Where I am the whole season is on CBS. 

Same for me. I do not have to pay anything extra to see this show on my regular local CBS channel.

Hi,

I am curious as to where in the US the episodes are available for free on regular CBS? Everything I've read online says that apart from the premiere, all episodes are only available on CBS All Access. In Canada, all episodes are available on the "Space" channel. Outside of the US and Canada, the episodes are available on Netflix.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-new-episodes-onli/1100-6453477/

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-stream-release-date-time-cbs-new-netfli...

I'm in Colorado and I watch it on the regular CBS local channel through Directv. @QsMom

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I am a Trekkie....and I thought it was awful....didn't find the characters likeable..

And that's the big problem. I've watched the first two hours and none of the characters are all that likeable. The "star" is a largely emotionless part Vulcan who's been trained by the Vulcans. 

Spoiler
She's arrested and sentenced to life in prison for treason, mutiny and more at the end of part two after the captain is killed in a fight with the Klingons where the Klingon leader is killed and becomes a martyr. Somehow she gets out of prison and becomes the hero in future episodes as she joins the crew of another ship. I'm hoping there are some really likeable characters on the other ship, but I'm not optimistic. They've largely taken the fun out of Star Trek in this version. I suspect they think this will be a long-running series and they're really trying to build the characters in the early episodes to show us why they became who they became, but they could have (probably should have) chosen a more likeable main character.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@QsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

Where I am the whole season is on CBS. 

Same for me. I do not have to pay anything extra to see this show on my regular local CBS channel.

Hi,

I am curious as to where in the US the episodes are available for free on regular CBS? Everything I've read online says that apart from the premiere, all episodes are only available on CBS All Access. In Canada, all episodes are available on the "Space" channel. Outside of the US and Canada, the episodes are available on Netflix.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-new-episodes-onli/1100-6453477/

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/star-trek-discovery-how-to-watch-stream-release-date-time-cbs-new-netfli...

I'm in Colorado and I watch it on the regular CBS local channel through Directv. @QsMom

@SilleeMee Thanks. We live in upstate NY and cannot get it on regular CBS. My husband is the Trekkie and wanted to watch the whole series but isn't willing to pay extra for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the one and only free episode, and I found the story rather dark, and I struggled with keeping track of who was who in the show.

I don't care for the updated Kingons.

I won't be siging up with CBS to watch the rest of the series.