Honored Contributor

This show starts on Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. on USA. It stars Ryan Phillippe (Secrets And Lies) as retired Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger. He is recruited by his former commander (Omar Epps, "House") to prevent an assassination attempt on the president. It sounds interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This show starts on Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. on USA. It stars Ryan Phillippe (Secrets And Lies) as retired Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger. He is recruited by his former commander (Omar Epps, "House") to prevent an assassination attempt on the president. It sounds interesting. 

@Jordan2

I guess it got sold to USA because it's a different storyline, but I'm not crazy about the idea of a television show that is glamorizing snipers ... for any reason.   JMO

Honored Contributor

I adore him.  I can't wait to see it.  It sounds a lot like the movie (I think it was a movie) that Mark Walberg called "Shooter".  Here's a synopsis of the Mark Walberg movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822854/

I like movies like these.  I will watch them more than once.  My likes on TV and movies are more like what maybe a male might light most of the time, so I've been told.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

The movie was good but I have a hard time picturing Ryan Phillippe in that role. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom I think I would have too but you know the other day I watched (yet for the umteenth time) Cruel Intentions.  He was REALLY good in that movie.

Then last year he was good in the TV show (forget name, too lazy to look up) where he was falsely accused.  The show itself stunk but his acting was really good (in my opinion).

So, I am hoping he will be able to carry it off.  We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor
Just read that premiere has been pushed to the fall. They don't believe the timing is appropriate given recent events.

Per ew.com.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Just read that premiere has been pushed to the fall. They don't believe the timing is appropriate given recent events.

Per ew.com.

@Alter Ego does that mean it's not starting tomorrow night? Who knows what will be going on in the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

Per ew.com.

@Alter Ego does that mean it's not starting tomorrow night? Who knows what will be going on in the fall.

Apparently.  I don't see it on the schedule.  The world will still be a mess in the fall, but a show about a sniper after the Dallas shootings is probably a little too much.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/18/usa-shooter-fall

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting me know.  There will be something else going on by then.  There's always something going on these days.

I'm not saying one way or another it should be changed, I don't care, I'm looking forward to seeing it but I'll guarantee you it will be junk in it's place.  Ugh!  Whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually - it is still showing on my DVR for next week, which is what the story also mentions about delaying a week.  But, I suppose USA may not have changed the schedule yet as the article says Fall.  

Too many things on in the Fall.  Not sure if I can add this after all.  At any rate, my DVR is set for it.