Honored Contributor

New Show-Our Kind of People!

[ Edited ]

watched it last night after The Resident! It was pretty good, held my interest! I think I will keep watching.......Anyone else catch it?

Dr Cain from The Resident is in it, as well as April from Chicago Med(she has the starring role)....

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show-Our Kind of People!

Haven't watched as yet, but I have it recorded.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

watched it last night after The Resident! It was pretty good, held my interest! I think I will keep watching.......Anyone else catch it?

Dr Cain from The Resident is in it, as well as April from Chicago Med(she has the starring role)....

about?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

about?

@jackthebear It follow the story of a single mother who sets ojut to reclaim her family's name only to find out a dark secret about her late mother's past that turns her world upside down! It is pretty intriguing so far!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  it was just okay to me. I admit I had high expectations knowing some of the actors who are in the cast. Will continue to watch but so far not overly impressed. I hope April and Dr Cain left their former shows on good terms. They may need to return to them.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

about?

@jackthebear It follow the story of a single mother who sets ojut to reclaim her family's name only to find out a dark secret about her late mother's past that turns her world upside down! It is pretty intriguing so far!!!!! 

sounds good will DVR

Honored Contributor

Very "Empire-ish", but that's Ok with me.  It's interesting enough to hold my interest.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Show-Our Kind of People

I watched last night as I flipped back and forth through the three FBI episode. It seems to follow the format of family dramas. I believe it's loosely based on a book written by Lawrence Graham about upper class Blacks that shares the same title.  So far, it also reminds me of the author Dorothy West who explored upper class Black life in Oak Bluffs, etc. it was great to see Joe Morgan as another ruthless and powerful father.  Of course Morris Chestnut and Lance Gross were eye candy. I am looking forward to the sisters battling.

Respected Contributor

I forgot about the show until about the last 10 mins of it so I watched that and was not very impressed.  I am more of a reality show watcher,  (90 day Fiance, Married at First site. Love&Marriage Huntsville) so I probably won't watch it. Is this a  sister finding out she has a rich Dad and sister she didn't know she had and her mom had died with a secret past ?  That's kinda what I got watching the last few minutes, I may have gotten it wrong 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Very "Empire-ish", but that's Ok with me.  It's interesting enough to hold my interest.

Its acutally produced by the same that produced Empire... It does have that flair...