Trusted Contributor

Re: New Show-Our Kind of People!

@Goodie2shoes @Yes. That's a good synopsis!

Honored Contributor

I watched it, I didn't like it much, I also didn't like the newest FBI show. I have too much I DVR and watch and need to scale back on my tv viewing, these two may go ( as well as Alter Ego).

Respected Contributor

I liked it.  It was kind of an upper class version of Empire.  The actress who plays the daughter of the wealthy mom played the same role on Empire.  Obnoxious.  Good to see Joe Morgan back playing the father.  I never get tired of seeing him, great actor. I have one question, and please don't "yell" at me for this comment, but why do they always cast an obese black woman to play the funny best friend?  Just like in Empire.  It is a stereotype and that kind of annoyed me.  But the show is great and will continue to watch.  Cannot wait to see  "April" and her spolied half sister going forward.

Honored Contributor

Boy! a lot sure happens in one episode with this show! I am still enjoying it and will continue to watch!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN - I haven't missed an episode, the cast and storylines are keeping me wanting more.

I remember Yaya DaCosta from America's Next Top Model, I think she was a finalist.

Respected Contributor

I am really, really  enjoying it.  Kind of reminds me of the old soaps like dynasty, Dallas, etc.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this show does not get cancelled.  It seems like every show I get hooked on gets cancelled.  

Honored Contributor

I am still really enjoying it as well, great cast! It is off now until November 9th......

Honored Contributor

YaYa DeCosta also starred as Whitney Houston in the Lifetime biopic about her, she did a great job. 

Honored Contributor

Season Finale already next week! Anyone still watching? Seems like a short season, hope they aren't cancelling it... 

Honored Contributor

Haven't missed an episode yet.  The only reason I keep watching is because of Lance Gross!  I never realized how drop dead georgous he is until this show (I need to get my eyes examined). tumblr_inline_o2f0qtAtuh1t4ibi0_500.gif

Debbie Morgan is wasting her talent in this series as well as Joe Morgan.  I remember Debbie when she played Angie in a soap opera "back in da day."  Those dimples!

=================================

@CANDLEQUEEN  Kings of Napa (episode 2 was on 1/18) is another series about wealthy AA in wine valley.  Episode 1 was really good!!!!  I think this series will last longer than "Our Kind Of People."

The series is on OWN every Tuesday-9:00p.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif