Honored Contributor

So, have the people who fell in the sinkhole gone back in time, living in a prehistoric parallel universe? I love Sci-Fi shows, but like others have said they don't seem to do that well. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only watched this show because of Jon Seda. He was great in Chicago PD. I was disappointed to see that this was the role he chose. It is a primeval world. Not sure this is my cup of tea but will give it another episode.

Esteemed Contributor

OK, I watched the first episode and I'm O.U.T.  Smiley Tongue

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

The main female character whose necklace came off was found by her husband but he was not in the sinkhole.  Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I'll check it out.  Jon Seda is in it and I like him.  

————

He doesn’t seem to age, must have been 12 on Homocide: Life on the Street 😀. Now that was a good show, I wish I could watch it somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I just saw this old Far Side cartoon on Facebook!

May be a cartoon of indoor and text that says 'And down they went: Bob and Francine- two more victims of the La Brea Carpets.'

Respected Contributor

This California girl doesn't mind that this happened in Los Angeles nor that it didn't take those who run my state. I watched it and thought it was just okay. Let's see how it goes.

Super Contributor

Re: New Show LA BREA on NBC

[ Edited ]

@River Song wrote:

So, does the jagged crack in the sky look familiar to any Dr. Who fans?  It's the idea of a tear in the fabric of space and time.  Geesh, talk about stealing a concept from another show, lol.

I love sci-fi and will keep watching it but it's going to be pretty predictable.  Lots of running from prehistoric predators, strife and conflict between the survivors, Dad will save his wife and son in the end.

When I saw that jagged crack in the sky I immediately thought of the Star Trek movie Generations when Captain Picard entered the "Nexus".  It looks exactly the same.  I enjoyed the first episode but I wonder how long they can stretch out the story line.  I agree with whoever said it should be a mini-series.  Makes more sense.  This picture is the Nexus:

Nexus2.jpg

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I agree with those who suggest this might have been better as a miniseries. I'd still probably have decided to opt out, but think the miniseries format would serve the networks well. They should employ it more often. Clearly, many shows they unleash on the public have little staying power. It might work out quite nicely to offer shows that require shorter term commitments.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

"In the Land of the Lost lost lost lost lost..."

• vintage television land of the lost gif