Honored Contributor

Did anyone other than me watch this show last night? It's on NBC and it's a half hour comedy (there were two back to back episodes on at 9:00). It takes place at a tv news station. Andrea Martin ( who I really like) plays the mother of the female lead, and the mom is a little too involved in her daughter's life. The mom goes back to school and gets a job as an intern where her daughter works! I thought it was good and will watch it again. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked it a lot and it did make me laugh! I tried to imagine similar situation with my daughter and me! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 Thanks for the heads up, I had not heard of this show will check it out "On Demand"!

Honored Contributor

I scheduled it a while back when I read about it in EW.  I have the first two episodes waiting to view, so now I'll look forward to it, even more.

Andrea Martin - couldn't resist!    The other female lead looks familiar to me, from a picture I saw but can't remember why.  I'll look her up when I get her name.  She's very pretty.

Respected Contributor

The Commercials didn't appeal to me, it seemed like forced humor.   But because of the positive comments here, I might give it a shot. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I guess I've become jaded where situation-comedy is concerned.  It just seemed like a "30 Rock" wannabe to me.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 - I watched it and loved it! I wanted to see it because of Andrea Martin (I also think she's terrific!), but I'm also a fan of John Michael Higgins. I have been since I saw him as the newscaster in The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler - so funny! I recognized Adam Campbell (Greg) from a one-season comedy Mixology

I think they can have a lot of fun with these characters, so I plan to keep watching (or DVR-ing)! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I guess I've become jaded where situation-comedy is concerned.  It just seemed like a "30 Rock" wannabe to me.

I have to say i watched it.....it seemed good...will give it a few more shows to decide..............not a big fan of Tina Fey.. (example..30 Rock).........so hoping as you say it doesn't turn out to be similar

Honored Contributor

I watched it and thought it contrived, ridiculous, and just bad. I  predict cancellation in its future.

Honored Contributor

Still loving this show. Of course I'll bet it will be cancelled!