Honored Contributor

I find shows which are based on true stories to be really engrossing. You watch certain shows and they seem so unrealistic and you think --- that would never happen! But with shows based on actual events, even when they seem crazy --- it's like --- sheesh --- that really happened!  I am enjoying this series very much.  That guy gives me the creeps.  I guess that's good acting!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This show is so GOOD!!! This show is moving at a quick pace, I think there are 4 or 5 episodes left. I'll be sad when it's over.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This show is so GOOD!!! This show is moving at a quick pace, I think there are 4 or 5 episodes left. I'll be sad when it's over.

@Jordan2. Me too. It is really good! Great acting and casting!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed last night, with all the flashbacks about John's first wife.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Show Dirty John

[ Edited ]

Amazing story!...I can't believe how long Debra remained in denial, even after finding all of John's criminal records and then the meeting with the Private Investigator who informs Debra about his dangerous history and how, even then, Debra suggests that perhaps it was all a setup by his first wife, Tonia, who was out for revenge!...Just unbelievable how long it took for her to finally realize that she was involved with a very dangerous person.

Can someone explain to me how John managed to get a nursing job at a hospital with his criminal record?....Surely they do background checks?

From the very beginning, his behavior has been so very odd and disturbing, yet Debra just ignored it and acted like she was in some kind of hypnotic trance through it all!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Debra is a very strange woman IMO. I want to shake her and say WAKE UP. She seems to crave attention. 

I too can't wait till the next episode. 

I haven't enjoyed a series this much since the Versace story was on.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show. I can't believe how gullible she was to marry him. My heart was pounding when she was packing up the house. I thought for sure he was going to find out. It does make me wonder how someone who has a successful business could be so naive in her personal life.

After the first date, I would not have been interested in continuing. He was strange from the beginning. Why she married him is beyond belief. Apparently, he was homeless when they first met. 

i can't wait until next week. She is in for a rough road. Time will tell how this ends.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I find shows which are based on true stories to be really engrossing. You watch certain shows and they seem so unrealistic and you think --- that would never happen! But with shows based on actual events, even when they seem crazy --- it's like --- sheesh --- that really happened!  I am enjoying this series very much.  That guy gives me the creeps.  I guess that's good acting!!!  

@AngelPuppy1has it been revealed who the show is based on?  

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom

has it been revealed who the show is based on?  

It's a true story.  Has been on Dateline for one.  You can watch the Dateline true story yourself online:  dailymotion.com/video/x6fcvxy

The video has been removed from NBC website as well as YouTube.

Or Google Dirty John and/or John Meehan.  The "real" Debra Newell is dumber than what is being portrayed in the Bravo series if that is even possible.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

i read the real story online, the ending is a WOW!!