Esteemed Contributor

Debra is getting a lot of attention. I get that it almost seems she is being rewarded for her naive and if I am being harsh stupid and selfish behavior. On the other hand she really paid for that severely. She however is not evil and deserves compassion at the end of the day. Mostly I am glad this mini series came out because it could help others. But yes I see other point of views regarding Debra. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Trying to check my attitude because this sounds bad -- but wish society wasn't shining the spotlight on main character. The mom opened the door to this crazy guy because she can't select a decent man. She put her daughters in danger. Hope her 15 minutes of fame is over soon. Story was entertaining but real main character is not.  

@jeanlake

I full understand what you are saying. I do not admire this woman at all and think she is far from a hero. 

Maybe if women see Dirty John they will learn the lesson of what not to do and how not to act when you meet strange people who you know nothing about.

I do feel sorry for her children.....this family is extremely unusual IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I am way more impressed with the daughters. I like hearing them give info. They weren’t wearing the fantasy googles. Not sure what the mini series was trying to say with the annoying voices. But they were tough cookies and sharp.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

so much for internet dating. were many commercials for it during Bravo series.

Frequent Contributor

I was surprised that this woman had so much money and that she had a very successful business.  She seemed like such a dingbat most of the time.

Valued Contributor

I saw Terra on Watch What Happens Live and was sad to see them applauding her and laughing about her killing John. He was evil and stopping him was a good thing but I thought the way they treated it was wrong. She still killed someone and that is not funny!

Honored Contributor

@ShopperL wrote:

I was surprised that this woman had so much money and that she had a very successful business.  She seemed like such a dingbat most of the time.

She is business savy and has a 6th sense when it comes to interior decorating.  However, has no common sense.   The two do not always go hand in hand.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Baylie wrote:

I saw Terra on Watch What Happens Live and was sad to see them applauding her and laughing about her killing John. He was evil and stopping him was a good thing but I thought the way they treated it was wrong. She still killed someone and that is not funny!

@Baylie

Every time I see Debra or Terra in an interview I say to myself ...How can these women act so jolly about this horrific time in their lives where deceit, killing, and sheer terror was their daily life for a long period of time.

All I can say is I think they are very different and acted in the past and present like no one I know.