Trusted Contributor

I am not reading the posts on this thread, and I haven't seen any of the episodes yet, but there is a marathon on Sunday on Bravo and I have my DVR set.

Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I am not reading the posts on this thread, and I haven't seen any of the episodes yet, but there is a marathon on Sunday on Bravo and I have my DVR set.

@TurnerGal......I just checked and saw that the marathon runs from 6:30 a.m. through 1:30 p.m...Be sure to also set your DVR for the 10:00 p.m. showing which is the finale episode.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Husband only watched a couple of episodes -- too much dysfunction for him. I admit it's alarming how people spend adult years working through unresolved childhood issues and triggers. I'm not being critical, just stating truth about society's personal, broken issues. Glad D's daughters appear to be healthier than mom. It's a sad story but may be more common than we think. I'll watch the last episode out of curiosity. Hope Bana's character goes to prison.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

FINAL EPISODE TONIGHT at 10pm et!

documentary tomorrow on the OXYGEN CHANNEL at  8pm et, two hours.

i am also seeing dirty john; the dirty truth on the oxygen channel tonight beginning at 11pm et, part one and 12am et  part two.....it says "sneek peek" but maybe they are showing the documentary early right after the bravo limited series finishes?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I did not see it, but heard the real Debra Newell was on Dr Phil last week, anyone see it?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not see it, but heard the real Debra Newell was on Dr Phil last week, anyone see it?

hi @Shelbelle hope you are enjoying the snow!

did not see it, but some were talking about it on the othe dirty john thread......but that thread now has spoilers. someone said on dr phil that she did talk about what happened so for that reason i did not watch......and i generally dont watch dr phil anyways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hey, Sun, been out there shoveling today?? So, are you saying you dont know how the story ends, I peeked after epi one,I just had to know, it should be very good tonite! Stay safe and warm.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show Dirty John

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hey, Sun, been out there shoveling today?? So, are you saying you dont know how the story ends, I peeked after epi one,I just had to know, it should be very good tonite! Stay safe and warm.

@Shelbelle

well, i kind of do NOW......i unfortunately was following the OTHER thread and then a few days ago someone posted spoilers. Smiley Frustrated

i was almost there without finding out any spoilers....... had never heard of this case until bravo began this limited series.

no shoveling today......i have a young 20 something son to do that! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Ok -- embarrassed to say I spent the day on the couch binge watching this show.  Anyway......  I agree with everyone,  there is no way this woman could have been this stupid.  I would have liked one episode that really explored her background. Yes, the mother was different and it was horrible what happened to the sister, but how did this woman end up with 4 divorces and she seemed distant from her children.  They also never talked about her father.

I thought Eric was great and believable.  I loved Connie Britton in "Friday Night Lights",  but not much since then.  Maybe she was really trying to copy the woman,  but her accent drove me crazy.  She was so unemotional.  Maybe she was just playing the real Debra, but I didn't like Connie's acting. 

I don't know how it ended and am looking forward to the final episode.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Show Dirty John

[ Edited ]

I find the title of the final episode tonight to be very telling...."The Young Woman Who Fought Like Hell"...Remember last week's episode ended with John preparing to go after someone and I have my thoughts as to who that someone is going to be.

I am also one who has kept away from anything that would spoil this series for me, so I'm really anxious to see how this is all going to end for everyone.

The only time I saw the real Debra for a very short period of time is on one of the after shows that was mentioned on this thread and she appeared to have come out of this entire ordeal in her usual calm catatonic state, as depicted so well by Connie Britton...Connie even has a strong resemblance to Debra Newell.

I'm looking forward to watching the Dateline episode to get a better look at the real family involved and also the Oxygen Documentary on Dirty John.

Amazing story!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~