Respected Contributor

Kevin Bacon is fantastic in this role. Actually, the entire cast is good. It does get a little confusing keeping track of who is investigating who. Not sure if this is a one and done or it could have a continuation. I would enjoy seeing more.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Show City On A Hill

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 ...After seeing your post, I did some research and found this posted on the "Variety" website...

"City on a Hillhas been renewed for a second season at Showtime. The announcement was made Friday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

The news comes ahead of the Season 1 finale, which is set to air on Aug. 18. The series stars Aldis Hodge, Kevin Bacon, Jonathan Tucker, Mark O’Brien, Jill Hennessy, Lauren E. Banks, Amanda Clayton, Kevin Chapman, Jere Shea, and guest star Sarah Shahi.

It was created and is executive produced by Chuck MacLean with Tom Fontana serving as showrunner and executive producer. According to Showtime, the series is averaging 3.5 million viewers per episode in multi-platform viewing.

“’City on a Hillis that addictive kind of meaty and messy show we love at Showtime,” said Gary Levine, co-president of entertainment for Showtime Networks. “With the inspired pairing of Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge and the inspired writing of Tom Fontana and Chuck MacLean, we believe there is a rich future for this compelling series.”

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

It has been renewed for Season 2 and will be in early 2020.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@wakefield64 ...After seeing your post, I did some research and found this posted on the "Variety" website...

"City on a Hillhas been renewed for a second season at Showtime. The announcement was made Friday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

The news comes ahead of the Season 1 finale, which is set to air on Aug. 18. The series stars Aldis Hodge, Kevin Bacon, Jonathan Tucker, Mark O’Brien, Jill Hennessy, Lauren E. Banks, Amanda Clayton, Kevin Chapman, Jere Shea, and guest star Sarah Shahi.

It was created and is executive produced by Chuck MacLean with Tom Fontana serving as showrunner and executive producer. According to Showtime, the series is averaging 3.5 million viewers per episode in multi-platform viewing.

“’City on a Hillis that addictive kind of meaty and messy show we love at Showtime,” said Gary Levine, co-president of entertainment for Showtime Networks. “With the inspired pairing of Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge and the inspired writing of Tom Fontana and Chuck MacLean, we believe there is a rich future for this compelling series.”

@MyShadowLove  Thank you so much for checking on that.  I guess the episode on the 18th will not be the nd of the story.  To me there is so little in the summer that holds my interest, that I found this show great. I also am from the area so I am always checking out the Boston accents. ( Kevin’s is pretty good!)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64  posted:

@MyShadowLove  Thank you so much for checking on that.  I guess the episode on the 18th will not be the nd of the story.  To me there is so little in the summer that holds my interest, that I found this show great. I also am from the area so I am always checking out the Boston accents. ( Kevin’s is pretty good!)

@wakefield64 ....You're Welcome!...Boston is a great little City!...My husband and I have made trips there a few times and have enjoyed very much... Kevin would be very complimented to know that a native Bostonian approves of his Boston accent in the series...I'm sure it is very challenging for actors to take on certain accents for various roles that they play and are aware that they are under scrutiny by the viewers...I agree he has perfected the Boston accent quite well!

TV is filled with so much junk that I find myself always thrilled when I come across a series that is done well and that I really enjoy!...Thanks to the "TV and Movies" forum and @Jordan2 , I have enjoyed several well-done series that I probably would have missed otherwise.

I wanted to mention also that, when I saw your post, you again caused me to do some more research...lol...as I wanted to find out if this series is actually being filmed in Boston...I am posting part of an article from the "Boston Herald" website which I found interesting and wanted to share with you and all other posters who have been watching this series.

Boston Herald

PUBLISHED: February 5, 2019 at 9:46 pm | UPDATED: February 6, 2019 at 6:05 am

“City on a Hill,” the upcoming Showtime series based in Boston in the early ’90s, has apparently started shooting. But you won’t be catching glimpses of cast and crew members around town because they’re supposedly filming scenes in the New York City suburbs this week.

Production signs have reportedly been spotted in White Plains, N.Y., as of Monday. Specifically, the set signs were posted by South Broadway and Mamaroneck Avenue, The Journal News reported.

While filming might be off to an out-of-state start, we’re still holding out hope that at least some scenes for the 10, one-hour episodes of “City on a Hill” will be giving the Hub a little camera time. The series did shoot its pilot in the center of our city last winter, and one of its cast members, Amanda Clayton, previously told us she had her suspicions they would be coming back our way during production.

“I would imagine we have to film location stuff (in Boston),” she told us back in September, adding, “You can’t fake it when you’re telling a story based on real events happening around Boston. Especially having Ben Affleck and Matt Damon attached.”

Cambridge-raised duo Affleck and Damon are serving as executive producers on the project along with Tom Fontana.

@Jordan2 @QPrincess @SoX @dulwich @elated @lenapecci  & All...

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@wakefield64  posted:

@wakefield64 ....You're Welcome!...Boston is a great little City!...My husband and I have made trips there a few times and have enjoyed very much... Kevin would be very complimented to know that a native Bostonian approves of his Boston accent in the series...I'm sure it is very challenging for actors to take on certain accents for various roles that they play and are aware that they are under scrutiny by the viewers...I agree he has perfected the Boston accent quite well!

TV is filled with so much junk that I find myself always thrilled when I come across a series that is done well and that I really enjoy!...Thanks to the "TV and Movies" forum and @Jordan2 , I have enjoyed several well-done series that I probably would have missed otherwise.

I wanted to mention also that, when I saw your post, you again caused me to do some more research...lol...as I wanted to find out if this series is actually being filmed in Boston...I am posting part of an article from the "Boston Herald" website which I found interesting and wanted to share with you and all other posters who have been watching this series.

Boston Herald

PUBLISHED: February 5, 2019 at 9:46 pm | UPDATED: February 6, 2019 at 6:05 am

“City on a Hill,” the upcoming Showtime series based in Boston in the early ’90s, has apparently started shooting. But you won’t be catching glimpses of cast and crew members around town because they’re supposedly filming scenes in the New York City suburbs this week.

Production signs have reportedly been spotted in White Plains, N.Y., as of Monday. Specifically, the set signs were posted by South Broadway and Mamaroneck Avenue, The Journal News reported.

While filming might be off to an out-of-state start, we’re still holding out hope that at least some scenes for the 10, one-hour episodes of “City on a Hill” will be giving the Hub a little camera time. The series did shoot its pilot in the center of our city last winter, and one of its cast members, Amanda Clayton, previously told us she had her suspicions they would be coming back our way during production.

“I would imagine we have to film location stuff (in Boston),” she told us back in September, adding, “You can’t fake it when you’re telling a story based on real events happening around Boston. Especially having Ben Affleck and Matt Damon attached.”

Cambridge-raised duo Affleck and Damon are serving as executive producers on the project along with Tom Fontana.

@Jordan2 @QPrincess @SoX @dulwich @elated @lenapecci  & All...

@MyShadowLove  Thanks so much for your research...much appreciated. I didn’t think I recognized any Boston scenery and this article confirms it. Maybe they will do some filming here as I think the city gives some financial incentives to do so.

Honored Contributor

You can watch tonight's episode now on Demand, it was good, one more to go!

Respected Contributor

sorry for the multiple posts....not sure what I did.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:
sorry for the multiple posts....not sure what I did.

@wakefield64 ....No need to apologize at all...The posts you are referring to are the ones where we were quoting each other and I had posted a couple of articles regarding the series so my posts came out somewhat lengthy...lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove  Thanks. So how do you think episode 10 will turn out?