Honored Contributor

New Season of the Bachelorette

I don't usually watch this show but thought having two bachelorettes would be interesting. Rachel and Gabby are good friends, but after this experience they may not be. This pits the two of them in competition with each, there will be hard feelings if one is more popular than the other or if a guy doesn't like one of them or if they both fall for the same guy. I guess this makes for good television but this has disaster written all over it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: New Season of the Bachelorette

[ Edited ]

I was curious about this. Seems to me the smart thing to do would be divide it up either by age or location. 

Rachel - 26, Florida = the guys 28 and younger or east of MS River

Gabby - 31, Colorado = the guys 29 and older or west of MS River

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I'm sure that is the show's intention....many will watch for the drama to unfold....more $$$$$

Respected Contributor

We're guilty of watching this trainwreck show.  IMO, I think they wanted MORE drama and to "freshen it up" to bring in new viewers as some here have posted.

I think it's going to be a very strange show and how the 2 of them are going to do the "rose ceremony" is beyond me.  Maybe the host will tell them to take turns handing out a rose; just don't see how that'll work.

It'll be interesting to see if they remain BFF's in the end.  And if Gabby says the word "yeeeaaah" one more time, I'm going to scream.  It seems that's her favorite word.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was pleased to see they agreed to send the "not quite out of puberty" twins and magician home. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse , LOL, I was thinking the same thing.  I couldn't begin to imagine them wanting them to stay.

Valued Contributor

I will watch, but the constant giggling is annoying me already.

Respected Contributor

@Glittergal , I agree.  Just remember though, after the giggling, etc. comes all of the "waa, waa" crying.

I have to wonder how much info these 2 besties are going to share with each other and what the men will be sharing as well.  Gee, are they going to compare notes about both of them?

Usually, when the host says that "this season is the most dramatic ever", I figure, yeah, right, we've heard that before.  However, with this season, it could be right.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch this any longer, but they've tried something like  this before. I think after a few episodes the men voted on which woman they wanted to stay. Then it turned into a regular show.

They did this with The Bachelor too. It was a while ago!  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

These girls' voices with the sing-song/Kardashian inflection is like nails on a  chalkboard to me.

@beach-mom, this season they are keeping both girls for the whole season to date the guys.