Trusted Contributor

Re: New Season of Rock the Block on HGTV starts on Monday

I agree the winner definitely deserved to win.  Their house was beautiful.  They did a great job on the designing and focusing on resell price. 

I did like all the 4 houses.  I thought they all did an interesting style.  I think the Marrs really focused on a younger family and I am not sure that is who will buy those homes?  I think they would have done a great job on last large farm house style.  This house style was kind of strange with the layout and all the other rooms upstairs and above the garage.  It was kind of chopped up.   The main floor didn't seem that large.  I am sure with the crazy housing market the houses will sell quickly at a high price. 

Esteemed Contributor

This was a great season!  I really liked all 4 homes but the twins was my favorite house, overall, followed by those two guys (I finally saw their show on HGTV), then Egypt & Mike then the one from the Maars (sp). 

However, when it came to adding equity in the home, Egypt & Mike were a shoo in.  They had more bedrooms and bathrooms and adding on that hallway connecting the garage to the house was a game changer.  I hope there is a season 4.  I agree that the houses appeared to have a strange layout.  I would like to see a blueprint of the house.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed going through the finished homes - got a better sense of the overall design. Egypt and Mike’s was my overall favorite, but they were all good. The Detroit boys were a good second. Such beautiful woodwork; wouldn’t have minded that home at all (except the candle wall)! I agree with the comment about the Marr’s home. The slide was fun - for a particular family. But, children grow up. And it becomes a problem. Plus, I personally would be concerned about other children getting hurt on it. You saw the adults running into each other at the bottom, going down head first, etc. Slide was just not for me!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the finale last night and the win by Egypt and Mike was well deserved. It's about added value, and that is what Egypt and Mike did throughout the house. 

I have watched all four of the shows from the teams that were represented, but the team that I was most disappointed in was Jenny and Dave from fixer to fabulous. When Dave mentioned that they should put in a slide, I said to myself they have lost. 

I also hope that there will be a fourth season.