Respected Contributor

Re: New Season of Rock the Block on HGTV starts on Monday

@Pinay55 @TurnerGal 

I watched and thought it was a good show!  I agree with the top 2 definitely and I would have chosen the same one as number 1.

I think the twin's blue kitchen was nice - navy can be considered a neutral, but somehow the way the did it, it wasn't quite a neutral.  I think they should have mixed it with another cabinet color in there too - it needed that balance. That was something when the judges called their counter choice - umm, what was it, ordinary?!  or something that meant ordinary.  Generic maybe?  And the guys, I personally would have avoided buying the house because of that gargoyle thing they put as a base to the pot filler.  Otherwise, I thought their's was overall too masculine/conserative to appeal to me, mixed with peach walls - which is kind of too feminine for me!

Overall, good show!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pretty much agree with everything said already. I was very disappointed in the twin’s kitchen. I can’t remember if it was them or the Detroit guys, but they had a tiny stove too! I did like the Detroit guys and will look forward to seeing more of their rooms - they typically have such a small budget that it’s interesting to see them work a little more grand.

I may have selected Egypt and her husband for the win, but am good either way. The top two are the clear front runners IMO. I kind of don’t think the Marrs’ pink house will put them over the top vs the all brick facade of their competitors.

Honored Contributor

Not interested. I'm over all the competition rehab/renovation shows and all the same HGTV 'personalitites' rotating through multiple shows.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

OK....I'll be the odd man out but I really preferred the twins kitchen.  That whole area was massive and could take a bolder cabinet color.  I also like that they kept the bathroom and I'm curious as to where the two teams that converted the bathroom into a pantry will find space for one.  

I'm not familiar with the two guys but wasn't impressed with their kitchen. I didn't care for their cabinets nor peach paint.  I can't even remember Egypt and her husband's kitchen except I believe it was white which I'm sooooo over.  I didn't care for the Maar's (sp?) kitchen. The first thing I said was their fridge was in the next county and I thought the hidden playroom was a little dorky.  I'm sure kids living there would love it though.  I believe their kitchen was white as well except for their massive stove/ove which I didn't care for the color.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could have gone with either Egypt's or the couple that did win as the top designs.  The two guys from Detroit were terrible.  Those cabinets looked like something for a cabin.  The twins was too busy and I hate blue cabinets.  The one sister needs to rein in the other.  They are decorating for a broad customer base, not a specific customer.

They said these homes could end up being in the million dollar range.  No way would I pay a mil for home that was that close to my neighbor.  Also, are the garages detached?  

I am glad that Ty is only on for a few minutes at the beginning and the end.  His personality is over the top and not in a good way. It seems as if the show ran along pretty quick and I appreciated it instead of dragging it out.  I hope each week is that way.  They could do away with the drama stuff.......like the delivery trucks with the brick.  Not needed or enjoyable to watch.  JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I was shocked when Egypt & Mike didn't win the kitchen.  Their shroud and stove was the best & they did a great job with all the details.   I'm pulling for them to win it all but their taste may be more sophisticated than a coastal Charleston needs.   They spent many years rehabbing old Atlanta bungalows & craftsmen style.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

I was shocked when Egypt & Mike didn't win the kitchen.  Their shroud and stove was the best & they did a great job with all the details.   I'm pulling for them to win it all but their taste may be more sophisticated than a coastal Charleston needs.   They spent many years rehabbing old Atlanta bungalows & craftsmen style.

Egypt and her husband have a new show I think on Thursday's  Married to Real estate? I have seen it three or four times and I like them and I like their designs.

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@software wrote:

Egypt and her husband have a new show I think on Thursday's  Married to Real estate? I have seen it three or four times and I like them and I like their designs.

Egypt has been on HGTV for many many years.  2 of my favorite shows are Property Virgins and Flipping Virgins.  Up until now she has carried all of her shows by herself, making her one of the top female designers on the channel.

Honored Contributor

This competition is about adding value but in the category of design, Keith & Evan nailed the living room.   It's gorgeous.  I would love to know what color they used on the walls.   I looked around the internet for information but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone get the HGTV magazine?    Maybe there is more information listed.

But I do agree Egypt & Mike winning.   Their living room is so sophisticated, it's breathtaking.    And connecting the garage with the entry is genius.  I never understood having a garage then running to your house.

Occasional Contributor

@software I do like Keith and Evan livingroom,very unique although I would rather have a neutral color paint in the walls,at the same time maybe the color they choose made it pop and very unique.I enjoy watching them on Bargain Block,looking forward for their season2 show.I also thought that Egypt nailed it on adding the connection to the garage and I was sure they are going to win for that.The other two designers also have a nice ideas in their living room,all in all they are all 4 good designs in my opinion.I can't wait for next week episode.