Trusted Contributor

New Season of Rock the Block on HGTV starts on Monday

I do like this series.  I saw a commercial for the new season which starts on Monday.  I think all four of the "couples" are nice and kind of vanilla designers.  There won't be anyone this season doing the high end design that doesn't translate well to regular houses.  The two guys from Detroit "Bargain Block" and the twin girsl from the West Coast "Unsellable houses",  the couple from Arkansas "Fixer to Fabulous"  and Egypt and her husband from Atlanta from "Married to Real Estate."   Three of the couples sort of have more experience with Real Estate so it may be a different approach than we have seen in the past. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season of Rock the Block on HGTV starts on Monday

HGTV, is one of my favorite channels and  Fixer to Fabulous is one of my top three home remodel shows.

I have watched the shows from all four of the teams that will be represented, so it will be interesting to see what they can do in six weeks. 

Last seasons winner was another one of my top shows, 100 day dream home. 

Occasional Contributor

I will be watching,I do like the guys from Bargain Block,their show is very different and entertaining.They always come up with some unusual designs.Although it is not my style I enjoy watching them.I would like to see what will they do on Rock the Block.I have also watch the twins from Unsellable Houses and Fixer to Fabulous.Haven't seen Egypt and her husband show yet.But I am excited to watch the four designers do their designs.I think it will be a good show.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched last season and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to the new one.  I like the four couples competing and have watched their shows.

Respected Contributor

I'm also looking forward to the show. Watched the last one which I enjoyed. I think they all are capable of doing high end if given the money. 

Trusted Contributor

I will be watching also.  The person I have problems with is Ty Pennington. I love the guys from Detroit!

Esteemed Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed this show last season, and was excited when I saw the promo for the upcoming season.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan, already have the DVR set

I watched the marathon of last year.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Did anyone watch?  I agreed with the judges the couple that won and Egypt's kitchen was the best.  The Fixer to Fabulous I think got lots of points for using all the storage under the stairs.  I did like their design.  I wonder where the two couples that used their powder rooms for pantries will find new powder rooms?  The houses are so close together and it sounds like they may be worth close to a million dollars each when they are done? 

I liked the Detroit guy's kitchen,  it was different.  I think the judges are right, you can't be too specific when trying to sell it later on.  I was disappointed in the Twins design. I liked the blue but many wouldn't.  They spent a lot on the folding doors and  didn't get much credit for it.  I think the patio is right next to the neighbors. 

Looking forward to seeing the next rooms.

Occasional Contributor

@TurnerGal 

I enjoyed the show,and I liked all 4 kitchen designs.I was trying to figured out who will win in the kitchen design between The Marrs couple and Egypt and her husband.Either way they were both good.I also thought the bargain blocks guys were good,I didn't care much of the twins color choice for their cabinets.I was excited to see Shae came and help Keith while Evan was still in Michigan,such a great team.Can't wait for the next episode.