Honored Contributor

This first episode is still bothering me.

I can understand the kids backing off after their Mom died. I also would be upset if someone just moved right in after my Mom died. I would be upset with both my Dad and "her". 

The Dad had to have been dealing with alot of guilt with the first wife's death. So he let her best friend have carte blanche. 

But what I find so disturbing, is the fact she took out a second mortgage, plus she took money and put it into HER credit union, and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on "stuff".  Then when it came time to repair the damage to the neglected house there wasn't any money.

Esteemed Contributor

Prior to watching my first episode of this show, I would have thought it impossible for people to live in such squalid conditions. It really breaks my heart when children are involved.😞 Even now, it's difficult to fathom, and I truly would not wish it on my worst enemy.

As difficult as it can be, I try not to judge them because many of them are clearly mentally ill with true addictions, or attachments to their "treasures, but sometimes I fail.

I have such compassion for the poor family members that are mercilessly victimized, and think mental health, post show follow-up counseling, should be made available to THEM as well. In some cases, it is an apparent family disease. 

I always root for them, and find it so rewarding to see some of the wonderful transformations, and success stories.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Darn, I missed it.....what channel is it on?

Trusted Contributor

cried when she sold granddaughter's vintage car Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: New Season of Hoarders

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

Monday night at 8:00 pm on A&E.

The episode is going to be repeated Monday July 27 at 6 pm. The title of the episode is Carol.

Honored Contributor

I watched. 

If "cleaners" come to your house in hazmat suits you got more than a problem.  That being said........

My family would have handled I don't give a rats ass Carol much differently than her hubby's family.

That's all I'm gonna say.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor
@Mz iMac,
Mine too, and it would not have been film worthy after my family was done.
Trusted Contributor

What an anger inducing episode. Carol was one nasty person. 

Why should she have had any say in the stuff she hoarded the house with. She moved out. She no longer lived there. I know it was just for TV. It was annoying to have Dorothy beg this woman for her permission to throw all the junk out. 

What a kind person Mary is. A great daughter and granddaughter who just wants a family get together. 

How terrible sad that selfish woman sold her grandmothers car that she was to inherit. At the end did they give her the down payment to buy the car back?  

The end had me sad and mad. Horrible Carol moved back with her son. Sad to hear about Dave and that they had to sell the house. 

Honored Contributor

ITA.  There have been episodes of this show over the years that have made me so angry and this is definitely one of them.    Carol was so horrible that I kept yelling at her!

Lenapecci outlined much of what was anger-inducing for me, as well.   One other thing that bothered me was how Carol was siphoning money out of the accounts into an account of hers alone.   She stopped paying the bills so that they had no power.  He's dying and she's just making it worse.  I feel like she was hoping for him to hurry up and die.  UGH!

Before we even knew about that and the car and other stuff that was mentioned about her coming into that family, I got a strong vibe that she was there for what she could get, from the get-go.   She wormed her way in with being the wife's best friend and then getting closer to the rest of the family.   I can't help wondering if she contributed to the suicide.  She was there to get what she could get - the money, the house, whatever. 

In the beginning she was saying she didn't even care about him.    What a horrible, horrible person.

I really loved Mary.  I hope all the best for her and the rest of the family.  I'm glad that Carol didn't end up taking anything else.  She took enough - more than enough.   Smiley Mad   I'm glad Mary and her mom got to speak their minds and that they did!

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

Monday night at 8:00 pm on A&E.

The episode is going to be repeated Monday July 27 at 6 pm. The title of the episode is Carol.

I missed it as well, but just set my DVR to record. Thank you!