Honored Contributor
I can’t watch Hoarders. I feel so sorry for some of those people....it is very depressing and sad for me.
Honored Contributor

I would never buy a house belonging to a hoarder, even if it was taken down to the studs.

I watch Flip or Flop & sometimes the homes they buy were lived in by some real pigs, then they vandalized it when they got kicked out.    Then it's "flipped" and sold for $1mil & more.   

Nope, never.   I'm no Martha Stewart when it comes to housekeeping but at the very least, I keep all garbage gone off my property.

I have a tendency to save things I shouldn't but I do purge regularly.   

It's funny how I do that.    A month ago, i would have never moved certain items, but then there comes a day when I think "now why did I keep that?"  I don't buy large expensive candles.   Yesterday I went to light one, noticed I have a few that have seen better days and would never light them again, out in the trash they went.  I still have plenty more.

Honored Contributor

Can't watch it anymore.

And I'm embarrassed to say I don't have a lot of sympathy for them given they are offered professional help in all areas (cleaning and psycological) and they don't jump on the chance.

It is especially disturbing when animals are involved.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Season of Hoarders

[ Edited ]

A program about hoarders? I would hope a program of this "kind" is only being aired for the sake of public awareness, inspite of how disgusting it must be; but for the life of me, do not understand how anyone can watch this kind of sickness that is truly dangerous.  This is not an entertainment program; it is a mental health program!

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch last night?  This couple's house, garage, yard was unbelieveable, they even had stuff in the cars!!!  The woman was definitely mentally ill and needed help!

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Did anyone watch last night?  This couple's house, garage, yard was unbelieveable, they even had stuff in the cars!!!  The woman was definitely mentally ill and needed help!

@Hooty   Yes, I watched it and I thought the psychologist was a wimp when it came to Becky.  I didn't necessarily see a mentally ill person.  She needed help, yes, but I also saw a bull headed adult having temper tantrums and wanting her own way, because she did settle down towards the end.  They all needed mental help.  What a mess!