Honored Contributor

I thought this show had been cancelled but I see there is a new season. Tuesday night on A & E.  I like watching this show. Does anyone else?

52646477_10156937467402521_4162167766201139200_n.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs , I do watch it sometimes, but sometimes I cannot handle it, the houses are just so disgusting I cannot look at it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season of Hoarders

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs 

I have flipped past it many times, stopped, given it 5 minutes, and moved on.

Being a compulsively organized person (most of the time), I find myself being so anxious and creeped out, I have to stop watching.

God help me, but I find it difficult to be compassionate about this illness...and it does seem like an illness.  I get so aggravated with the people "saving" things, it's best I don't focus Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hooty   Oh sometimes I cannot watch if the episode has dead animals, rats, bugs!!  Cannot truly believe anyone can live that way in such filth and with dead animals or bugs and webs!!

I used to think that a hoarder had alot of stuff but had not realized sometimes there is so much trash and old food, and just plain filthy conditions!!!

A former neighbor was a hoarder and her car was full of junk too.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman    I totally understand!!  I am clean and well organized. Just find it hard to watch at times when it is Too disgusting!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs 

The last time I watched, it was an episode of a woman who had tons of little stuffed toys.

They moved them ALL out onto big, blue tarps in the driveway and it was a stunning visual.

She could not part with any of them, and that's when I flipped the channel....when they are down to saving popsicle sticks and garbage, they just need round-the-clock therapy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman    I agree!! Some of the stuff  these people want to keep is so unreal. Some of it just plain garbage! EEEEEEEEEEK!!

I watched an episode today where a woman had over 5000 dolls!

Trusted Contributor

Years ago I saw an episode in which a woman's house was filled with her own poop. Literally. It gave me a horrible nightmare that my house was filled with human poop.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@CherryHugs , I do watch it sometimes, but sometimes I cannot handle it, the houses are just so disgusting I cannot look at it!

I use to when it was just about too much clutter.  First show I watched was on Oprah years ago.  They would go in and help people get rid of things and reorganize.  Now it is too much to watch.  When people are not taking care of themselves and not even taking out trash is too hard to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do watch, unless as others have mentioned it gets too gross. 

I watch "on the move". I can't sit still and watch- I must clean and tidy up around my own house when that show is on! It makes me hyper vigilant to stay clean and organized, as I live alone. I am astounded that these hoarder homes are often shared with a spouse and/ or children! And pets. Unthinkable.

I much preferred watching Peter Walsh's show where they went in, cleaned, purged and organized rooms in the home. That was not the extreme freak show that Hoarders is.

Watching Hoarders through the years helped me to identify that many neighborhoods clearly have at least one home of hoarders. I know my old neighborhood did. That house ended up I think being purchased for payment of back taxes, etc. by a builder. Gutted the house (necessary) and rebuilt it like new. Desirable area, so it sold for top dollar.

I know another family that hoards. Their home and their family- really disfunctional, although they try hard to appear like everyone else and are genuinely nice people.. The kids, now grown, really suffered socially. Sad.