Honored Contributor

New Season of American Idol

[ Edited ]

I didn't see a thread for the show, so I thought I would start one. The contestant who is Trans told her heart wrenching story, sang one of my favorite songs She Use To Be Mine, which was heartbreakingly perfect. As for Alyssa Ragu (?) a former contestant hijacking her friend's audition, she made it through, the friend didn't, she stabbed her in the back (Alyssa wasn't in the room her friend called her in, it backfired on her). I loved the last contestant Michael Rice from England, what a performance. 

Respected Contributor

Re: New Season of American Idol

Totally agree...

Respected Contributor

I've been watching Idol since the beginning. So far I really like the contestants that were given platinum tickets. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not watched American Idol since Adam Lambert.  I got tired of all the back stories and the sob stories.  If they just sang and got feedback from the judges (that was not confusing, as some of it is) then I would watch again.  Same thing for Dancing with the Stars.  These types of show are all about ME ME ME ME.  Sorry, but I am not interested in hearing everything about you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I didn't see a thread for the show, so I thought I would start one. The contestant who is Trans told her heart wrenching story, sang one of my favorite songs She Use To Be Mine, which was heartbreakingly perfect. As for Alyssa Ragu (?) a former contestant hijacking her friend's audition, she made it through, the friend didn't, she stabbed her in the back (Alyssa wasn't in the room her friend called her in, it backfired on her). I loved the last contestant Michael Rice from England, what a performance. 

@Jordan2  I agree about the former contestant hijacking her friends audition. I don't think she should have gotten the golden ticket. With friends like that...Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips , I agree; however, we record the show and FF through the stories.

As for Alyssa Ragu (sp?), what she did was totally wrong IMO.  You could see the look on the other singer's face (can't recall her name).  The judges, IMO, were totally out of line in offering Alyssa a chance to audition.

After reading the responses on AI's facebook page, the majority agree it was the wrong thing to do and I suspect if Alyssa makes it through to when voting begins, it will show how people feel about it.

I'm also tired of all of the antics, etc that they show with the judges, i.e. playing pickleball and the rest.  Too much time is wasted.

Respected Contributor

In more recent seasons I mostly FF through  the chit chat and just listen to their performances.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad they seem to have done away with the group round. What difference does it make if you work well with others, it's American Idol not American Group. 

Honored Contributor

So, Alyssa Ragu didn't make top 24, karma is a you know what, she hijacked her friend's audition (who by the way didn't make it) to get a second chance on Idol. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, Alyssa Ragu didn't make top 24, karma is a you know what, she hijacked her friend's audition (who by the way didn't make it) to get a second chance on Idol. 

The other girl was so much better than her.  I think they have a great group of 24 lots of talented singers.