Super Contributor

Am ready to cancel Hallmark on Spectrum. Have been reading all the hype about the new show last nite I Had You at Aloha". New season-new movies. Blah, Blah. Tuned in and it was the same old story line, Business scenerio, had to build a new team, one opposed, start it up and go thru an hour an a half of tumult till they realized they had fallen in love, 5 minutes till end of show-first kiss!

Same old story line, new location, new actors. I''m giving up on them. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: New Season, Same old Story

Same old, same old.  I'm about ready to give up on Hallmark Too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hallmark movies follow a formula, seen one , seen them all. You know what is going to happen aftet the first 15 minutes. Using unknown actors saves them a fortune too. 

Honored Contributor

You all are right. Same story year after year after year. That's how long ago I gave up on Hallmark.

Honored Contributor

@SeasonedCitizen wrote:

Am ready to cancel Hallmark on Spectrum. Have been reading all the hype about the new show last nite I Had You at Aloha". New season-new movies. Blah, Blah. Tuned in and it was the same old story line, Business scenerio, had to build a new team, one opposed, start it up and go thru an hour an a half of tumult till they realized they had fallen in love, 5 minutes till end of show-first kiss!

Same old story line, new location, new actors. I''m giving up on them. 

@SeasonedCitizen  Tiresome aren't they... And not even new actors... Those two have been part of the Hallmark stable forever and I'm personally extremely hard pressed to figure out how those producing this junk EVER saw Kavan Smith as anything even resembling leading man material... Nice guy, but better cast as a second banana...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Have you seen "Undercover Bridesmaid" ?????       That did it for me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Have you seen "Undercover Bridesmaid" ?????       That did it for me.

That sounds terrible. I do love Discovery+  

Esteemed Contributor

I like Hallmark Murders and Mysteries Channel much better than the regular Hallmark one.  Stories are not quite as predictable. I particularly like the cast on Mystery 101 very much

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Other than some of the old reruns, I don't really 'like' anything Hallmark. I tolerate Hallmark because it's another available viewing option that's part of my current cable package, meaning I don't pay extra for it, nor would I.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hallmark movies follow a formula, seen one , seen them all. You know what is going to happen aftet the first 15 minutes. Using unknown actors saves them a fortune too. 

There was an old Doris Day movie where she is married with 3 children and somehow gets a contract to sell soap. The soap company runs the same movie each week only changing the movie setting. Even the kids figure it out. Was a taste of the future.