Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

They pick the coaches a season ahead.  They already announced that Kelly Clarkson will be a coach spring 2018 with Adam and Blake.  The fourth coach will be announced at a later date. Adam said that he won't be back after 2018.  I am not a fan of Jennifer Hudson at all.  She is way over the top with how great she thinks she is.  I love the preview where Blake tells her she's not in the UK anymore but in the US of A now.  

@Pecky, oh no, Adam is my favorite judge, the show won't be the same without him. Maybe he'll change his mind and just step away for one season.

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I forgot this was starting up again!  I am being lazy and not googling.  Who is the fourth judge this year besides Blake, Adam and the apparent diva Ms. Hudson?  

@Laura14 wrote:

I forgot this was starting up again!  I am being lazy and not googling.  Who is the fourth judge this year besides Blake, Adam and the apparent diva Ms. Hudson?  

@Laura14

Miley Cyrus

I turned it on a few minutes at the beginning and agreed with Adam's remark - looking at Miley he said it's the most normal he's seen her look on the show.  I almost didn't recognize her when the cameras panned farther back!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Started to watch it last night and couldn't take Jennifer Hudson.  Her "coaching" of the contestants after their audition was silly and over the top.  That was probably my first and last episode until she's gone.   

@Lipstickdiva Many of the contestants she 'coached'  didn't choose her though! It doesn't seem to be a winning tactic- might have worked in the UK but not here. Maybe she'll reel it in a bit as the season progresses.

Honored Contributor

What I notice is Jennifer talks about herself in the third person.

I don't really know her other than her time on AI, Dream Girls and then never heard from her again.

I'm not loving what I'm seeing.  Hopefully she's a good coach.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Does anyone come on this show without a story?

There's always a death or an illness or a tragedy or homelessness.

I know someone posted once an interview with someone who appeared on the show and said that these are embellished for the show.

I know this is NBC's schtick.  They use it with the Olympics, too.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Does anyone come on this show without a story?

There's always a death or an illness or a tragedy or homelessness.

I know someone posted once an interview with someone who appeared on the show and said that these are embellished for the show.

I know this is NBC's schtick.  They use it with the Olympics, too.

@VaBelle35  So many shows do this.  It annoys me, but that is the way it is.  I especially find this very off putting on Chopped, as it doesn't end after the beginning story, but contestants drag it through the shows until the end, all saying they are doing the show for this person, their kids, crying, blah, blah, blah, not so, they are doing it for themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

I just noticed that there is a sad story behind each contestant.  I guess it would be nice for someone to just say I just love to sing and I audition and was picked to come on the show.

Honored Contributor

For this show, all I watch are the blind auditions and then  cancel my season pass.  If there is a guest coach I especially want to see, I will watch that episode, but generally I'm done after the blind auditions.

I also fast forward through "the story," but I see the photos of the hospital bed and the tubes, etc., the picture of the deceased, so I gather that's what's being said.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Okay so you knew the niceness between Blake and Adam wasn't going to last! Adam was nice to Blake, even talking him up to the contestants before they made their choice of coach. Blake stabbed Adam in the back and helped (I think Miley) get the contestant, the gloves are off now!

Respected Contributor

I haven't ever cared for JHud as she calls herself. Her speaking voice annoys me but now her personality does as well. My husband can't stand her just from watchingthis show. Really sick of the shoe bit. She seems to think she's better then the others which I don't think at all. I'm not fan of Miley but I consider her a bigger star then Jennifer by far. Not sure why she's so full of herself.