Respected Contributor

I watch the Talk every day.  I like hearing different points of view about current topics in the news.  When "me to" started I was wondering when or if Les Moonves would be implicated.  I always thought Julie was setting herself up with all that praise for how great her husband was.  It is better not to brag about anything because it seems to come back on you.  If she truly believes her husband is innocent she will not be back to the view after what the ladies said.  With her being his wife and a new leader at CBS I don't see how they will let her go on.  Maybe her contract has something in it that will let her.   

Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked Julie Chen.  I rarely watch The Talk, but when I do I try to tune her out.  I don't think any of this information about her husband comes as a surprise to her.  She knew what she was getting when she married him.  I think she used him to get her "position" in life.  

Respected Contributor

I don't watch The Talk on a regular basis. I usually only watch when someone is on who I want to see. I didn't like when they dumped Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete from the show. I really liked Aisha Tyler and was sad to see her leave; the show hasn't been the same with her gone. Of all the people who could have replaced her I don't know why they picked Eve. She contributes very little to the show.

I won't be surprised if this is the last year for The Talk. With Moonves out, there may be many changes in the coming year. 

From Sharon Osborne:

“When a new regime comes into a company, we all know they sweep clean. Everybody here at CBS is nervous about their jobs,” Osbourne said. “Yes, the ladies at the table will go on and probably find another show if our show – please god it’s not taken off – we’ll always find another job. Nobody’s in the position yet.”

Osbourne sounded as if “The Talk” would not go on much longer without Chen’s husband, Moonves, atop CBS and overseeing his wife’s daytime talk show.

“It’s just, historically, when someone new comes in, things change,” she said.

I came across this ......

Rumors have swirled since 2011 that Chen isn’t particularly well-liked by her co-hosts on “The Talk.” The New York Post reported at the time that Chen told her castmates, “My husband can fire your asses any day,” causing understandable tensions on the set. 

And this from TV Week dated Aug 2011 ......

Cast changes are expected at CBS’s “The Talk,” and the trouble can be traced to a “queen bee attitude” on the part of one of the co-hosts, according to a report by the New York Post.

Holly Robinson Peete revealed last week that she will not be back on the show for its second season, the story notes. Now word has surfaced that Leah Remini also plans to quit.

A separate report, in Deadline.com, says the options of Robinson Peete and Remini have not been picked up, and they are not expected to be in the lineup when season two premieres Sept. 6.

The departures of Remini and Peete come as the women allegedly were fed up with Chen’s "queen bee attitude," according to the New York Post story.

Chen, who is married to CBS President Leslie Moonves, allegedly told the women they weren’t allowed to talk about Casey Anthony without her because she’s the only co-host with a background in journalism, the story says.

Another source said the friction was caused by Remini, calling her “a disruptive force” and describing Chen as “the glue that holds the show together.”

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw on The View Julie Chen ended Big Brother signing off with her married name which she never had done, I guess she is standing by her man.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I saw on The View Julie Chen ended Big Brother signing off with her married name which she never had done, I guess she is standing by her man.

Will be waiting to see if people come for her like they did Camille Cosby.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Was The Talk live today (Friday) or was it a repeat?  Fridays used to be repeats on The View but lately, they are doing live shows, except Whoopi is never there.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Was The Talk live today (Friday) or was it a repeat?  Fridays used to be repeats on The View but lately, they are doing live shows, except Whoopi is never there.

@sophiamarie, The Talk was new but they are never live on Fridays. You can always tell when the announcer says The Talk is live, on Fridays they say it's time for The Talk.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  Thanks for the info.   I'll pay attention next time.  The View is live now because of all the "news" that's going on in the WH, and they discuss the happenings every day.

The Talk doesn't "go there" so its hard to tell but now I'll listen for the announcement.  Again, thank for your response.  

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Jordan2  Thanks for the info.   I'll pay attention next time.  The View is live now because of all the "news" that's going on in the WH, and they discuss the happenings every day.

The Talk doesn't "go there" so its hard to tell but now I'll listen for the announcement.  Again, thank for your response.  

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

@sophiamarie, your welcome. I noticed Whoopi has been on for two Fridays in a row. She usually is never on Fridays, this could be due to Meghan's absence, or the show told her she has to work on Fridays.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Chen and suspect her marriage was largely a mutual admiration society built on a strong 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' ethic. I rarely watch the show but think it could easily be better without her... Women with her credentials shouldn't be hard to find...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...