Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

chickenbutt. i read recently that leah and hrp didnt get there contracts renewed because julie didnt want there opinions on the show. when they were on it was super funny.

Hi, and thanks!  Smiley Happy   I recall hearing some stuff like that and that is probably one of the reasons I never much cared for Julie.    Because of her connection, she probably had more say than she otherwise would because, after all, it's Sara's show.

Nobody should have to go through what Julie's probably going through, so I'm not trying to be mean and I wish her well.  But I always got a bad vibe from her for some reason.

Respected Contributor

I watched The Talk today and didn't hear anything that suggested Julie was going to end her marriage.   

I'm sure she'll be back on the show in a few days.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt I stopped watching The Talk for the same reason.  Watched the first year and  enjoyed it.  I didn't like that at the start of the second season, there was absolutely no mention of LR and HRP at all.  They were part of the first season's success and at least deserved some acknowledgement of them no longer being on the show.  It was as if they had never been a part of the show.  

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I made a point to watch today.The ladies were very dignified.They all expressed  their love for Julie but at the same time spoke of how inappropriate Les Moonves’s behavior was!!  Sharon was particularly pained & appeared to be fighting back tears.I don’t think Julie will be back.I think the show might be saved with Sarah at the helm.

I wonder how much Julie knew about her husband.He apparently went off the rails pretty consistently over a 20 year period.She met him on the job.Maybe she went along with his advances . Who knows!!

Well she got two shows out of their relationship. Smart enough to go all in and get the guy to marry her.

I would assume this is extra embarrassing for her for this very reason, She hooked up with the boss and her career took off. Maybe she tries to think that she was the only one.

If they end the show because she leaves that tells you everything you need to know. It was a vehicle for his wife. I never watch it, but the other women on there don't deserve to have their show cancelled over this. In the few times I have seen it I don't see her as being the big draw.

Honored Contributor

@Lion wrote:

I watched The Talk today and didn't hear anything that suggested Julie was going to end her marriage.   

I'm sure she'll be back on the show in a few days.

The women never mentioned anything about Julies marriage but they did speak and give the impression that they think he is guilty. I don't think they would have done that without speaking to Julie first...which I think they probably did earlier before the show but I could be totally wrong.

High profile marriages usually don't last when something big like this happens. 

As I said previously..I think she will come back and she might even stay with him for a period of time but I don't think the marriage will survive this.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I think Julie might come back but I got the impression from what the other ladies said that her marriage is over. We will see.

I didn't get the impression that Julie's marriage is over from what the ladies said today.  I got the impression they hadn't talked to her.  I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage is over but don't think the ladies had any idea.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Should Chen not return she IS replaceable. When I watch the show, I tend to watch it in spite of her and not because of her. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Should Chen not return she IS replaceable. When I watch the show, I tend to watch it in spite of her and not because of her. 

Same here..I am not a loyal watcher and maybe only watch a few times a month when I am home. I watch no matter who is missing..I think they are all replaceable.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Well the opening of The Talk was awkward. They said Julie has stepped away from the show to be with her family. The comments from Sharon, Sara, and Eve have in my opinion broken the friendship with Julie that will never be mended. The women were in a tough spot, Julie is their friend, but what her husband has been accused of is horrendous. I think Julie won't be back, either CBS will let her go or she will quit. The women think the show could be cancelled, I'm sure they will find other work, but I will feel bad for Sheryl as she has a mentally challenged sister she takes care of.

Julie’s Husband is getting 120 million dollars severance pay.....so they will be JUST FINE...$$$$$$$$

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@threecees wrote:

Sara Gilbert is having a bad year professionally.

Both shows she is in have had issues just months apart.

Think of the stress that she has been under.

I was thinking of that while watching today.

Sara will be fine....I am sure she has enough money to live very well for the rest of her life.