Honored Contributor

“I am taking a few days off from ‘The Talk’ to be with my family. I will be back soon and will see you Thursday night on ‘Big Brother’,” Chen said in a statement ahead of the broadcast.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/julie-chen-leslie-moonves-the-talk-cbs-1202934476/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I just finished watching the first 15 minutes of the show where the ladies were talking about it.  I thought they handled it very well.  It did seem particularly hard for Sharon to talk about, because I'll bet Julie has been very supportive of her and her problems in the past with Ozzie.  I don't see how Julie can come back now, but from Sunshine45's post it sounds like she's planning on it.  I'll bet she won't though.  I do wonder if this has been going on since he's been married to Julie.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think the ladies handled it as best as could be expected, and were open and honest. I do think she will be back, she is very strong. She always speaks of her Asian heritage, and her old fashioned yet strong upbringing.

Honored Contributor

I love The Talk, but do not get to see it very often, but I love the camaraderie between all of the women. They all seem to be friends outside of the show as well. I do miss Aisha Tyler, but have warmed up to Eve.

Julie is probably so embarassed, but hopefully will be back. After all it wasn't any of her doing......She seems like a super strong, very intelligent woman and mother, so I am hoping the best for her and her son.... 

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Jordan2

Don't feel sorry for Sheryl. She also does stand-up comedy and after 8 full seasons

of this show, hopefully has a secure future. She and the others could probably 

find more work but it is the people behind the scenes that may not. Just like

what happened with Roseanne well now The Conners.

Thought the ladies made the best out of the situation as they could.

Julie and Les have a young son. That is sad for him too as he gets older and has to

understand all of this.

I do feel sorry for Sheryl. Her sister is mentally challenged, Sheryl gives her excellent care, I'm sure she pays out of pocket for a great deal of it. Healthcare as we all know is very costly, I really admire Sheryl for taking care of her sister (she has made comments before of how expensive taking care of her sister is).

Honored Contributor

I think Julie might come back but I got the impression from what the other ladies said that her marriage is over. We will see.

Honored Contributor

I always thought it was interesting the way in the beginning of the show they 'busted' on other's about their mishaps or problems.

She's the person who steers the show so I assume she's the one who decided who or what they were going to talk about then.

I've never felt like some of the other ladies (especially the 3 who've been there a long time) cared one way or another about 'discussing' other people's problems.  I don't know who's idea it was but it WAS her show, so.......

There's a saying, "What goes around....comes around".  On the other hand it's too bad that the other person in the relationship also goes through the mess and trauma.

None of us know (or will ever know fully what Julie did or didn't know, nor should we (none of our business).

They do have a son who's old enough to understand what's going on and that's really sad.

I'm all for exposing ANY kind of harassment or problems caused (unnecessarily) by other's.  However, I do not like the way these days it's always 'guilty until proven innocent'.

That just doesn't make sense to me.  Everyone is always so excited (it seems that way) and willing to discuss another person's angst and wrongful problems.......until it hits close(er) to THEIR home, then it's different....

There's another saying, "There but for the grace of GOD go I".

I think we all need to keep that in mind these days.  I'm as guilty as other's....or at least I used to be....I'm really working on trying NOT to be that kind of person...

Sometimes I feel better about the way I conduct myself and sometimes I'm ....... well...let's just say I have a ways to go....unfortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

Sara Gilbert is having a bad year professionally.

Both shows she is in have had issues just months apart.

Think of the stress that she has been under.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Sara Gilbert is having a bad year professionally.

Both shows she is in have had issues just months apart.

Think of the stress that she has been under.

I was thinking of that while watching today.

Respected Contributor

chickenbutt. i read recently that leah and hrp didnt get there contracts renewed because julie didnt want there opinions on the show. when they were on it was super funny.